Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. river1

river1

not to hijack this thread BUT a link to his "channel" on youtube would be sweet

thanks jim

2. Problem is he hasn't been able to upload anything to youtube yet. I'm old, I can totally relate.:cool:

3. river1

river1

i'm looking for a link for the model airplane to model airplane videos referenced by scarletfever.

later jim

4. MadJack68

MadJack68

It might not be anything you're doing or not doing it may just be you're trying to upload the video at the wrong time. When YouTube is busy with all the anklebiters watching vids downloading vids is near impossible. You may try just before you go to bed to download the vid to YouTube and let it go while you sleep because the other coast will most likely be asleep by then. Early in the morning is the best time of all if you can swing it. With school back in session midday may be better but night is still best. I can't wait to check it out!

5. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

There is definitely a difference of opinion between Sparkswillfly and Tman. Scarletfever hit the nail on the head. How about a solution to go with the complaint? Thanks for the suggestion MadJack68. I'll try it this afternoon.
    Thanks!
    Rick

6. scarletfever

scarletfever
    from texas

well, after luckily running into a college aged kid this morning at the airfield.... i looked at him and said, hey, you've got to know how to upload a .MOV file to youtube?? and of course, without even pausing to think, (cause that's what they've got on us.... we still have to think!) he rattled off a bunch of stuff i will try to translate.

google: "downloads to convert .MOV files"

OR: (my result)
    http://www.moviecodec.com/conversion/converting-mov-files-1321/

OR:find your own 14 year old:rolleyes:

he muttered off into the distance something about opening the file out of one media and trying a "save as" move, with a right click on the mouse and save it with a different file extension, such as .mpg or .mwv

i never had kids, but luckily when i worked with the twenty somethings i picked up some of their "code"

hope this helps.... g

7. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Scarletfever:
    Thanks! I'll try it. I appreciate your help. You went above and beyond what you needed to do. That's what our generation of hot rodder was and is all about!
    Rick

8. scarletfever

scarletfever
    from texas

did you get the email info i sent you as well? it may be better/easier to use. the friend who sent the upload info is the one who when we were broke down one night about thirty years ago, stopped to help us and we have been friends ever since. out of the blue, he pulled up in his gorgeous '55 and we were pushing our '41 Willy through an intersection..... friends like that are what it is all about!

9. scarletfever

scarletfever
    from texas

this is what he sent me.... but i think i misspoke in calling it air to air, when i really meant "on board" sky cam there are some really cool related ones on the same page as SauceNM post.... check out onboard the Monton. search by SauceNM for some of his other stuff.

cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyu6DLHnUI8

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  10. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Yes, I did get the email info. Friends like that tend to last a lifetime. As I am sure you know, life is really about relationships/friendships. That's what makes doing the sedan again with Pete so much fun!

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I finally got one download on youtube. Any of you who are interested, search EastwoodBarakat channel Eastwood & Barakat sedan chop. Please let other car guys you know that may not be Hambers but may be interested. It will be interesting to see how many hits it gets. I will try and post more tomorrow.
    Thanks everyone for your help and patience!

12. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

13. scarletfever

scarletfever
    from texas

Soooooooooooooo cool, guess i'm the 2nd hit..... you are sure to have many views!! i will save it to my lap top and take it over for Tom to see. what a HOOT! what's the music in the background? can almost hear it over all the great sounds of filing and body hammering.

i will be sure to send it to my friend who helped us with the upload. which one actually worked? it obviously went pretty smooth.
    g

too bad P-wood wasn't around to chop mine, i think an ol' drunken biker must have done it, but we saved it.

14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I took your advice and had my son upload it directly from my iphone.

15. I got a white knuckle ride in the original car right after it was done thanks to Eastwood.
    Funny story about the T-shirts...
    Mark Krutz did the original T-shirts from his dad's (Dale) artwork. When Pete came down to pick them up, somewhere along the line Ricks last name got mispelled. He thought Pete was pulling his leg but Mark ended up doing them a second time. I wish we still had those mistakes around Ha-ha...

16. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Nostalgia59-
    That would be funny! Be careful what you wish for. HAHA
    How many do you want?
    Rick Baracat oops...Barakat that's better.

Attached Files:

17. scarletfever

scarletfever
    from texas

IF you really have an abundance of those shirts.... i would love a couple of them! seriously what do you need for them?
    g

18. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

g-
    Yes we have enough to satisfy the well dressed HOT RODDER.
    They are $20.00 each delivered to your door.
    Thanks,
    Rick

19. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I love the Video of Pete doing what he does best.
    Lynn

20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

For those of you who don't know Pete, the 32 3W on his shirt was his everyday transportation car that he put 80,000 miles on and was the first Hot Rod I drove. I am sure there are many others that can say the same thing as Pete was always generous with letting people drive his car and have the Hot Rod experience. As we all know, there is no other experience like it especially as a teenager. Obviously before the current lawsuit happy times we live in now!

21. As one who had that experience as a "teenager", all I can say is amen to that Rick!!

22. More Video..........PLEASE
    Thanks Rick..............cw.

23. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Are there any "Eastwood Garage" shirts?

24. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

JimA-
    Yes there are. They are $20.00 each including shipping. I only have 2X, XL and L left.
    You can paypal me at [email protected].
    CW-
    I will be posting another video tonight.
    Rick

25. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Do you remember the shipping charge for a T-shirt to Australia? I'd like a T-shirt or 2

26. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I believe 2 shirts are $15.18 to ship to Australia

27. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

28. Rick I'm only seeing the first one yet.

29. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

30. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat