Register now to get rid of these ads!

History East Coast Digger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks Ryan.
    Cool Cars Square Roll Bars is my favorite book in my library. I am amazed by the lack of suspension and that center steering. Love the corrogated body.
    Bill Bronson. Love your family history and the restoration. Very inspiring. Thanks. Slim

2. TODD BERUBE

TODD BERUBE
    from NASHUA NH

reggie lives in Nottingham NH -STILL HAS A FEW HISTORICAL CARS

3. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I was just reading it again this morning. love that book!

4. pitman

pitman

Hi Ryan, Dave Sanderson was a Greenland, NH based builder/driver. Stories were of he and his brother driving a Lycoming aircraft powered jeep (mounted on the hood) around the back roads in town. Cool Cars tells of the Sanford strip's safety guys getting after him for driving barefoot, I'm pretty sure it was simply a weight-saving technique. He was my uncle, when I first saw the car it had a Caddy motor w/6 strombergs if memory serves right. He did win a new Ford car at the Nationals one year which might have been a top eliminator prize.

cad-lasalle likes this.
  5. Thanks. From reading the posts it looked like he had posted here but then deleted it and left ? Can his cars be seen by the public or do you have to know the secret handshake ? The reference to Greenland is what got my attention since most of my family is from there and are buried there & I have at least one cousin who still lives there. My dad owned a construction company & gravel pit there as well in the 50s. Mr Sanderson probably knew my dad & uncles so I was interested to talk to him.

6. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I grew up watching these cars race. I crewed on a local guys car. Never thought I was seeing history being made. Thar is a nostalgia drag night coming up in Hudson ma on the 16th some of you guys might want to see

7. Got any more info ? Snow tires on drag cars ? :eek:

8. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

It's at the elks hall wear the ty rods had thar show In Hudson ma on the 16th

9. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

waltham push rods 2pm to 7pm it's A must!

10. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Mickey144_2 is Reg's daughter. She is helping him with the hamb. He would like some info on a couple of his project cars. He has a lot of NE drag history. Hopefully they can get something together. Stay tuned.

11. Reggie B

Reggie B

I really do wish my Dad would learn how to do this. I know he would enjoy talking with all of you. I try to link him to pages that you guys have been talking about stuff that would interest him. (My Mom actually has to open it so all he has to do is use the arrow keys!) My Dad always welcomes anybody interested in his cars!!!!! I really enjoy listening to his stories starting when he was a trouble-making teen. He would never tell us these stories until we (his kids) were all married and moved out! I posted pix of my Dad's most recent project in my album. He would really like ANY history on the car. THANX

12. pitman

pitman

Maybe the rail will turn up again. 20 years later I visited Junior Prescott in Newmarket, he was building a mid engined "Modified" where the frame tubes joined and used the block as a structural member. Dave's rail was ahead of it's time.

13. Reggie B

Reggie B

14. CruZer

CruZer

That book is our "Northeast Hotrod Bible ", Ryan. So many memories for us old timers from up this way. There are a few people here on the HAMB from the Northeast who still have those old diggers , bellytank,etc. that not many people know about.

I hope "they " drag them out soon so we can see them again. (Hint ,hint )

15. lilhemi91

lilhemi91

i know it comes late but i asked my grandfather about this and he says it wasn't his a/comp car but one of his friends cars. i have to ask again to get the right name though