Register now to get rid of these ads!

East Aurora NY auction ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldandkrusty, Sep 21, 2008.

1. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Did any HAMB member go to the auction in East Aurora, NY yesterday? If so, did you see what the little V8-60 with Eddie Meyer heads and two pot intake went for? It was a hydroplne motor with most of the drive and marine conversion stuff still hanging on this little beauty. Also, how about the 392" hemi, and the bundles of 85 horse flatheads? Lots of great stuff and I'm really really sorry I didn't have a camera to record the goodies that were there.

2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I wish i wasnt broke cause i would have liked to get that lil car or go kart for my son so does anyone know if that sold?? A buddy & me were heading out to the auction just to look around/socialize but ended up in a junkyard and that f@cker came up on some gold :) It was a fun day!

3. I relly wanted to take this home . But after buying the sheet metal there wasn't much left in my pockets. Besides after seeing 283's selling for stupid money, there was no way it was goinf to be in my price range. What did it end up going for?

I talked with a friend who was at his last auction, apparently he had 2 of them an there was no bid on them last year. Wish I was there last year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Hey jrblack, thanks for the photos of the V8-60. I've got a soft spot (must be in my head!) for these little critters. That'swha was in my '40 when I bought it in 1961. I gave it to a friend of mine to make a generator to run his arc welder. He still has it under his bench!!!

You reference the 283" Chev that were going for stupid money. I think the reason for that is they were NOS in the crate! Did you get any photos of them; and what were they bringing?

Thanks again for the photos...

5. I didn't stick around to watch the flathead stuff or the Hemi. I did see the 283's go. The first auction went for $2400.00 per motor, the winner took 2 at that price, they auctioned again. That winner won at $2400.00, he took 1 motor. The last went for $3000.00. I thought that was stupid money and then I knew there was no way in hell the $.05 left in pocket was taking that 60 home. The motors didn't impress me much, they were all showing signs of mouse shit on the intakes and near the open draft tubes and filler tubes, besides they were only 2 barrel motors with powerpack heads. For that kind of money I would need to see inside and they better have fuelie heads.

I do have some pics of the 283's and the Hemi, will post them tomorrow.