Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Wheels Swap Meet, Greenfield Iowa and fresh peach pie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Sep 7, 2011.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I was just wondering if anybody was planning on going to the Early Wheels Swap Meet in Greenfield, Iowa this weekend. I was just thinking that I might be able to convince Karen to make a couple of fresh peach pies and I could spring for some ice cream for maybe Saturday night since I only live a few miles outside of town. I'm going to HyVee tomorrow and buy some peaches, they have a big peach sale going on.

2. Pie? PovertyFlats is probably already on his way! Haha

3. Master of None

Master of None

Dad(not dead yet) will be there, I'm not sure I will make it Friday. things are getting busy in the shop, so I might try to go Saturday. Got a few things I need to free up for more "cool" stuff.

4. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

Yeah, I thought it was a Poverty Flats post when I read the title.

5. tucknroll

tucknroll
    from iowa

some friends from otho are coming down friday and camping overnight. i will be there bright and early say morn. we will be set up on the north road west of the showers. red ford rollback. hope to see you there.

6. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I will be there friday and saturday. Peach pie sounds good to me. :)

7. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Karen has added rhubarb to my shopping list so she is thinking about making strawberry-rhubarb pie also.

8. dammit .... sure ..... now you mention rhubarb.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

decisions decisions

9. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I will be there all day friday and saturday until afternoon. Will be set up east of the track near an animal barn.

10. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

im there saturday

11. Master of None

Master of None

change in plans I'll be there Friday. Dad should be there all weekend look for a 59 Chevy biscane 2 door on a trailer. Stop by and say Hi.

12. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Master of None - are you related to Larry Leist? Just asking cause that looks like his building in your avatar.

13. Master of None

Master of None

No I'm not just good friends.Yes, it is his place. I grew up with his boy Shane(same class) been hanging out since the day in kindergarten that I brought my Hot Wheels cars to school.:D

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I want to eat peach pie at Mrs. Crashfarmer's table..............sadly I'm at home and not in Greenfield. I'm pretending to be a nurse for my invalid wife.....have fun!
    Gasserlouie has already texted me with photos of his purchases.....I love the Greenfield swap meet and pie!

15. Have to work today! Sucks I can't go this year!

16. Master of None

Master of None

Please tell me that someone on here picked up that Thickston PM-7 intake,carbs,fuel pump and air cleaners.......

17. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Well you guys missed out. I've been eating pie like mad since Saturday and loving every minute of it. Pie for breakfast, lunch, supper and snacks. I had a couple of pieces at 1:00 AM last night I guess that qualifies as a midnight snack. My blood sugar is in maximum overdrive but I'm in pie heaven. So thanks guys for not coming, I'm in pie heaven. I wonder how I can get Karen to make more when I run out. :D
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

OMG----I feel bad that no one came. She worked HARD! dammit---the pies look great!

19. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

No I did not get the thickston. Seemed a lil high from what I seen earlier this year. Im sorry I did not stop for pie crashfarmer. I forgot to write your number down to give you a call on saturday They look dang good too. That pie would have been the best deal all weekend.