Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Early unusual SW tach & driven off dist. shaft

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by F&J, Sep 1, 2017.

1. F&J

F&J

This is an odd one. There is that section that fits between the cap and the distributor.

O.D. of the distributor is 3.25". 6 volt on back with a Number?

Most likely industrial or construction equipment?? IDK...Thanks for any info.. 100_0858.JPG 100_0859.JPG 100_0860.JPG 100_0862.JPG

That center section gets driven by the distributor shaft where the rotor was. Then the rotor gets used on the top of the center section.
    Glass is slightly curved. Needle paint is flaked off, but the chromed glass retainer is held on with screws, not crimped.

2. 55 Studebaker Speedster....same light brown pick up between the cap/body on the 1956 Golden Hawks but 12v.....and also the same on my 1956 Fury.....

F&J likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SW made different senders for the popular distributors. They were each different, but the head unit was the same. Except for 6v versus 12v obviously. Tell us the number stamped on the tan distributor adapter and maybe I can find my books with application info.

There are a dozen speedo heads to every distributor sender out there. Guys kept the heads but never managed to remove the senders when they junked the car.

F&J and bct like this.
  4. F&J

F&J

Thanks guys, I cannot see any signs of a ID number on the tan adapter. However, the info provided here helped out my friend, Thanks. It has found a new home ...to someone who needed it, not a flipper for profit!