Register now to get rid of these ads!

early to mid fiftys info needed,research paper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

hey guys

this is some what of a recuring question as more of us "younger" hambers getin further along in school and need to write an endless amount of pages of reasearch, so what better to type endlessly about then hot rods:)

the basic overall veiw of ths reasearch paper that im writing is " the hot rod car culture of the early to mid ninteen fifties. from the movies and how soceity veiwed them and the stories behind the cars, sometimes the men returning from war"

any information that you think could help me out would be great ,as well as personal acounts from some of you.

anything you think might fit would be great, differences between 50s rods on the east an west coast.lists of hot rod movies...

stuff like that

im sure this woudl make a good post as well , seeing as it never hurts to know wre this all comes from

so whatcha got? [​IMG]

thanx
    tim

2. shoebox72

shoebox72

I can't help you from an "I was there" standpoint but my advice is READ there are alot of good books that are great.

Books by Albert Drake, Ganahls custom cars, cool cars square roll bars, the new birth of hot rodding, and theres 40studedudes stories. And more.

I'm sure there are alot of others on here who will share info with you.

Good Luck, Billy

3. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

yeah, when i read the first post i thoght AL DRAKE, TOTALLY. i got a book from the library by him called fifties flashback, i think, and it covered so many facets of this sickness, er, hobby, from hot rod movies and comic books, to big shows and whatnot. cooool book.

4. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Ask C9 about the TWO books he has written.
    Lots of good stuff.

5. Two-Gun Bob

Two-Gun Bob

I also highly recommend "Fifties Flashback" by Albert Drake. It will have all of the information that
    you are looking for and has a lot of hilarious stories as well. This is one of my favorite car books
    and I have a lot of them!

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

so good so far

back to the top

7. Dago Red

Dago Red
    from Delaware

Check out "Cool Cars, High Art: The Rise of Kustom Kulture"
    by John F. DeWitt. It's fairly scholarly and art-oriented, and it's got a lot of interesting information.

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

to the top fo the pm crowd

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

iv gota have like 7 sources. C9??? anybody?

i can use interveiws

thanx