Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early T-bucket measurement help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by h.i., Sep 11, 2007.

1. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Hi

I was wondering if someone with a 23 T roadster body can take 2 measurements for me? I need the back panel width dimensions (behind the seat) between the seams. Width across the top of the panel, and width across at the bottom of the panel. Any help greatly appreciated. I have a phaeton back half that will become a roadster, but it's waaay too wide. That back panel needs to be narrowed a bit.

Thanks!
    Fred

2. OLLIN

OLLIN

I am getting about 34" at the top and 33.5" at the bottom. kind of hard to get a real good measurement though.. anyone else?

3. butch27

butch27

The Kookie Car was not narrowed nor was a lot of the buckets made from touring cars. Tommy Ivo's neither.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Kookie car was made from the FRONT half of a touring car, not the back.

5. Ole don

Ole don

wide is good.

6. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Thanks to everyone for the info. We had the body mocked up on sunday and the back of the car was really looking out of proportion. I want to narrow it a bit, but not too far, so a base measurement is a great place to start. I would like it to be a as narrow as possible and still fit two people. The more I can make it look like a race car, the better.

I have a 52 plymouth flathead 6, 3 speed and plymouth rear for drivetrain. I have the cowl, dash, firewall, windsheild, round case grill shell and touring car back half. I have one front door for mockup ( I need another if anyone has one...). I don't have the back of the car yet. Options are a pickup box, 27 turtle deck, modified, or homemade boat tail.

I took some pics I will put up tonight.

Thanks again for the help!
    Fred