Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Early St. Louis Drag Footage!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuck-A-Burger Ryan, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

2. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Great stuff did you happen the see that 57 chevy . Its was from Wise speedshop.

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Wow, cool footage. Some wild times - telephone poles, mini bikes draggin, 4 cars at time, probably quite a few beers under the belts.

4. lorodz

lorodz

great video ....that yellow 55 was haulin ass

5. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

There's a County Speed Shop sponsored Camaro as well.

6. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

COOL ! Post MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. adams27

adams27

ten minutes of my life spent well. I love seein the people how they dressed and looked. thats a trip. I love that green Chevy 3 window and the grey 55' and the mopars and the feds and the stangs and the 57s and and and...I love all that stuff. Thanks!

8. cool footage man that guyt was running the wheels of that black 68 roadrunner

would of liked it better with the sounds of the track instead of the shitty music

9. Rev. Whitewall

Rev. Whitewall

Very cool. Great footage. Thanks

10. Kant help but wonder where those cars are now......
    Great stuff!

11. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

I'm not a vette guy but that damn convertible, with the ladder bars makes me moist!!!

12. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

had Pop's watch it, his favorite was the yellow '55 he said he had to pause it to look for blue window tint like his cousins car

13. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

That one Vett was all over the place.Im sure when i was just at Wise speedshop i seen a pic of that 57 on the wall.

14. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

A buddy of mine recently found that bad-ass'ed Black Corvette with the dual quads in a garage about a mile from my house about 4-5 years ago! It looked EXACTLY the same still. Get this.....he sold it to someone that put it back to a regular looking stock Mid-year Red Corvette! What a shame! I enjoyed the heck out of these videos! Thanks for posting. I've been tracing and following St. Louis Drag Racing history for a very long time now but I've never even heard of the 4-Wide racing at St. Louis International before! WOW!

15. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Man that blows! That vette was amazing!!!!! Thanks Ryan this footage made my day

16. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Thanks for the footages .........

17. 427L88

427L88

That was some awesome footage, thanks for sharing... Mark

18. monsterflake

monsterflake

that's 8mm film footage, no sound... :(

19. monsterflake

monsterflake

20. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Man that kicks ass. I am sure some of the Ford lovers will spot the Shelby Mustang and the Boss 429 Stang in the Background when they are bleaching the tires on the 67 Camaro. Wish I could have found that Black Vette in as raced condition. I wouldnt change a thing on it!!!! Thanks for the link. Well worth watching.

21. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

You're welcome guys! I've heard there are a ton more tapes but have been lost....:( Dave Koch is on the lookout for them so hopefully they'll turn up, and I can post more.

22. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Fuckin bad ass. I have always been ah history buff. Now , St. Louiis dragracing history . Super interested!!!!!

The yellow 55 is possibly Stlouisgassers old car. It is orange in his avitar. But was yellow back in the day. Another great thing about this film is. The Black bad ass Corvette that was found is the car that I bought the fuel tank off of . Any pic you see of Zorbas Ghost before paint. Is wearing the fuel tank off of this Vette. Damn. Cool stuff. Four wide in the Louie'. KING

Here is pics of the tank. YYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Attached Files:

23. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

GREAT VIDEO !!!! And the music is even in STEREO !! i have external speakers and a 30 watt subwoofer hooked to my 'puter ,,great sound ! and loved the video ,,brings back a lot a memories ,,thanks ,,
    bill

24. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

WOW! I will have to have my pops over to watch this. He worked at the Alton track out of high school. Went back to visit my Grandma last year, my uncle said that the Alton strip is the main drag for a trailer park. I guess if you knew what it looked like you can still picture it in your mind. I'm sure my pops will have a story or two.:D

25. AHotRod

AHotRod

Thanks for posting this ........ I grew up in Iowa and we went over to St. Louis a couple of times in the mid-'70s ..... Great Memories!

26. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I liked the yellow '55 Chevy myself. He looks years ahead of his time with the suspension setup that was very compliant with lots of weight transfer, unlike many cars of that time where the rear end was sprung way too stiffly. In spite of being jacked up in front it seemed to launch hard and handle pretty good too.

Sick.

27. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Cool also seeing the use of a truck full floater rear! It sure did Rip!