Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Olds Emergency HEEEEEEEELP!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superjunkman, Mar 26, 2010.

1. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

While trying to get out some broken exaust manifold bolts on my 1949 Olds 303 I broke off a drill bit in the hole and then broke off a tap in another hole. The heads were old and tired anyway so I'm not too worried about them. I have another set of Olds heads that are fresh from the machine shop (Olds 324 #10 heads) that I'm going to be putting on.

My question is, will 303 rocker stands bolt up on 324 heads? Are the valves, springs, and pushrods all the same? What do I need to know. I hadn't planned on doing this so soon, but now I don't have a choice if I want to make the Round-up!

Thanks in advance.

2. Your rocker stands will bolt up to the #10 heads OK. 49' - 51 Olds have 1.5:1 ratio rockers. 52' - 58 have 1.8:1 ratio. If you're just swapping heads you should be fine. Use the push rods from the 303. The push rods from the 52-58's may be different length.

3. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX