Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Hemi Spares list/exchange.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pensive Scribe, Jan 20, 2011.

1. There are a lot of us who have Hemis, Dodge, Desoto, Chrysler, Imperial, Idustrial, etc. I think it would be good to know who has spare engine parts and if they are looking for parts. Maybe we can help each other out.

I have a 1954 Desoto Firedome engine that spun a bearing. Thus I nead a crank and one connecting rod.

I do have a couple spare heads that will be available once my rebuild is a success.

If you are in a situation with your Hemi regarding spare parts or parts you need please post here. If there is another thread with the same topic please post a link. Thanks.

2. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Yep I need a oil pan for a 330 desoto

3. geoking

geoking

I have a set of 354 exhaust manifolds and a stock vaqlley pan without oil filler tube

4. 73RR

73RR

Weld up the crank.

5. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Hot Hemi Heads has a free classified site for sale and wanted hemi parts

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's the Hot Heads swap...

http://www.hothemiheads.com/swapmeet/parts.html

Rumor has it that Quality Engineered Components may have a swap meet as well, once the site is released! Look for that or talk to 73RR, above.

I could add a thread to the Hemi Tech as a basis for who needs this or who has this, but I'm guessing it's going to get shut down if it becomes a "classified ad" thread with prices, and what not. Until Ryan says otherwise, I guess we have this thread and just keep an eye on the classifieds section. There's quite a bit in there, actually.

7. silent rick

silent rick

i have a 1955 291 that i'm considering parting out.

8. Is there any tech available on this? Got the tools, not the know.

9. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm really for this, and I have a lot more extra parts than ones I need at my age. I can see the problem with this being too close to the classifieds, however.

10. To my understanding the clasifieds are for cars only. According to the rules adds must have body, frame and wheels. This doesn't meet that criterea and we don't have to publish prices. Just a who has and who needs information thread. We can contact each other for details. I hope the moderators can post some feedback before shutting it down. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

11. So I guess you missed the parts for sale section:rolleyes:
    I have a bunch of 331/392 parts to sell if I ever get off my dead ass to post them.

12. Guess I did. I haven't been here that long.

13. Skirv

Skirv

14. I spent all last evening going through the complete HAMB parts classifieds and so far haven't found what I seek. In reference to how I missed it before, I'll concern myself with greater mysteries yet unsolved.

Silent rick, if you do decide to part that jewel out could you come back and post it so we can contact you?

15. This thread is still kicking boys.....uh gentlemen.

16. jimbobb

jimbobb
    from Oakdale Mn

In the corner of the garage is a 1952 331,crank is turnd10/10,needs to be bored 20+, so needs oversize pistons.
    looking for ovalport heads

17. take it to a machine shop. You will not be able to do this yourself.

18. Abomination

Abomination

You could start a user group with a thread like this within, and then link to that in the Hemi section.

It would keep it off the main board, and I think they'd be cool with that.

~Jason

19. I just want to share that I've located the exact rod I needed plus an oil pick-up tube and screen by starting this thread. My build will continue alot sooner than I thought it would. Just keep posting spares or needs sort prices out through pm. Post results hear. Lots of luck.

Doug.