Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Early Ford V8 Club Swap Meet 04-23- 2017 Fitchburg Mass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Mar 21, 2015.

1. No that is the only big/heavy part I came home with.
    Sold the T frame to someone doing a belly tank.

patmanta and Sporty45 like this.
  2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I remembered sunscreen this year, so I'm only a little pink on the ears today.

I didn't do well at all this year and was tethered to my spot all day since my wife was home sick and @BOSTONCAMARO 's spot got bumped down so some guy could have extra spaces to sell toys I guess. That 265 drew TONS of interest so every time I tried to go see something I'd have to putter on back to be chatty; I gave my number to no less than 7 interested parties but no takers. Most of what I got to see was from climbing up in the back of my truck and gopher peeking around.

I don't think I'm going to vend this one next year. I had a lot of stuff to load and unload this and last year for only selling 3 things each time. I only saw about 1 in 25 people carrying parts they bought this time and nobody seemed to be there prepared to buy anything heavy. Not a single potential buyer for my big stuff even brought their truck that day. I'm wondering if there's a paradigm shift in how people buy major components (from swap meet to internet sales). So I think I'm just going to shop next time and enjoy the day browsing, buying, and seeing everybody.

@BobPer totally saved my day by handing me the one thing I really needed but couldn't go scrounge for though, I can't thank him enough!

3. BobPer

BobPer

Aw Pat, seeing your smile and red tipped ears was thanks enough.

patmanta likes this.
  4. mike bowling

mike bowling

Great day- made some money, spent some money, and got to meet Mr. Bob Per in person ( dadgummit).
    Thanks to Robert P. for shuttleing a door from NY for me.
    Saw all the "Torr-nados" crew and had some yuks- excellent weather- I give it 10 out of 10!
    Dragstrip swap this Sunday ( I need a AA Fuel Car)

Next major stop, Mansfield!! No vending- cruising and bull shitting are on the itinerary!

Robert J. Palmer and patmanta like this.
  5. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

@BOSTONCAMARO said he was going to set up at Mansfield on Saturday only. IDK what spot he's in, I forgot to ask when he came by to help me unload my truck yesterday; 2013 RAM 1500's do not look cool as taildraggers BTW.

Anybody going to check that swap out in Barre on the 30th?

6. I am not sure what the spot number is either lol, but I will be there, I am a few rows from where you go in to the concert part

patmanta likes this.
  7. It has gotten to be a tradition, that I bring something over from N.Y. for some in Massachusetts.

Who needs me to bring something over?
    IMG_1081.JPG

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    TFoch likes this.
  8. I'll be there. Hope the snow and salt are gone so I can take the 33 Chevy.

9. how about sunny and warm weather

10. mike bowling

mike bowling

I just got my paperwork back- in spot 150 again with "blindowl"
    going to poke around and BS more than sell this year ( I always say that!)
    I don't need anything, but............................

I hope the weather is a repeat of last year-PISSAH!

ABONES likes this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Maybe this is the year I finally get there, what is the drive time from Hartford, Ct. ? Bob

ABONES likes this.
  12. two and a half hours from me Bob

13. Could be a photo op :D

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. what is the date this year?

15. Sunday April 23, 2017

16. thanks, i will check with my entertainment director ........

clunker, AVater and TFoch like this.
  17. Is the "entertainment director" also the "financial advisor", the "pre purchase inspector", the "beer rationer", and the "free time project assigner"? Mine is.

18. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Sad to Say!
    The CSRA swap meet at Lake Compounce in Bristol Ct.
    Had to be moved to that date.
    Sucks two great swaps on same day!!!

19. None of that in New York.

20. mike bowling

mike bowling

The key with dealing with the weather at Fitchburg is BE PREPARED!!! It rained for 5 years straight, then last year it was chilly early, but beautiful by 9 o' clock.
    ALWAYS windy!! wide open space ( It's an airport, no trees (HaHa) and the ground is usually wet and muddy.
    Pack everything you own that's warm and waterproof and you'll be fine.
    ( A little "Uncle Jack" or "Jimmy B." for your coffee??)

21. yep, large and in charge.................;)

clunker and TFoch like this.
  22. Got my space # 237 same as last year close to the vendors and reading rooms.

23. Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. mike bowling

mike bowling

DSCN2843.JPG
    I wanna get over and meet you this year- I'm in #150 with Mr. "blindowl" of the "Torr- nados" CC
    I'm not affiliated at the moment.

25. I 'm not sue if you know it but Torr and my sons went to high school together. I miss him calling everything i worked on a POS!!

mike bowling likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

That's why I've never been to the V8 Meet. I'll be at CSRA in Bristol. Bob

27. are they really on the same day? crap

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess so, I went to the CSRA website and they state that the Bristol event is on April 23. Now I have to see when Rhinebeck is running 2017. Trunk opens on April 2nd. Bob

29. mike bowling

mike bowling

DSCN1774.JPG Up here, 3 Swaps to choose from this year, and lots of conflicting dates.
    The old Amherst Swap has moved to the 2nd Sunday of the month to avoid the New England Dragway Swap ( which was excellent by the end of the season ), but the Candia NH Swap has decided to do the same thing for the same reason resulting in a head on collision there. I'd rather back the Candia people myself and give it a chance at permanence- nice family, beautiful spot ( Amherst property was bought by a developer and is temporary- also a lot of bigger vendors moved to NED, and the ones I've talked to like it and are staying.

Feast or Famine!! ( OLD photo, all gone)

biggeorge likes this.
  30. mike bowling

mike bowling

IMPORTANT UPDATE- Candia Swap won't start until the 2nd Sunday in MAY!! They got complaints about the field being wet and muddy last year (it was) so have decided to give it another month to dry out.
    We will now resume normal (?) programming.