Register now to get rid of these ads!

early eddie meyer intake questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulie_boy13, Aug 4, 2005.

1. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

was fishing for thoughts on the EARLY style eddie meyer intake on an 8-BA engine.
    I talked to Don Orosco and he said that it would work fine no problems I would just have to use a rear breather he also said I could use an upright location generator on that manifold..are there any problems in using an early style intake on the later engine.... which gasket would I want to use? what are peoples general thoughts on Mr. Oroscos products? Is an eddie really worth it? Im on the verge of buying this so any quick response is appreciated.

I would imagine the only real difference would be the venting of the crankcase would I need to put a breather in the side of the pan or does an earlier style pan have one already ...and would an earlier style pan cause any kinda clearence issues with my steering linkages.............(<---49 sedan)

2. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

I had one of Mr. Oroscos intakes and while I never had a chance to run it I will say it had to be the finest intake casting I have EVER seen!!!! BTW I bought mine several years ago,how much is one going for now??? PM me if you dont want to say out loud. BBTW what part of ol NC are you from???

3. Hot digity dog, my first reply!

I use 2 different intakes on me 8CM. A two pot 49-53 8BA, and a 59ab Fendton 3 pot. It fits Holly 94s.
    What I did was where the road darft tube comes out of the newer one. I drilled a hole and put in a rubber grommet and a 69 Ford PCV (sucky outy). Then I driled a second hole on the same side under the middle carb. Attached a hose between the PCV and brass fitting. Takes care of blow by.

Put a vented cap on the stock oil inlet and use it to add oil.