Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Days So Cal Motorsports -Data Request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carl s, Nov 12, 2010.

1. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

Posting for Harry Pallenberg
    Producer, KCET

"I am producer at KCET - PBS in L.A. and am working on a documentary film based on the Harold Osmer book WHERE THEY RACED. Its all about the lost racing venues, backyard tinkerers and larger than life characters that made in sunny Southern California a motorsports mecca. From the very earliest days thru Santa Monica road races, Legion Ascot, the board tracks, Gilmore, Lions, Carrell, Paramount Ranch.... and more...

We have already shot interviews with Richard Parks (son of Wally), Chuck Griffith (ran Pomona Drag for 19 years), Greg Sharp (NHRA Museum), Judy Thompson Creach (Mickey's ex-wife), Danny Thompson (Mickey's son), Tom Malloy (his father built Carrell Speedway) and Harold Osmer (he wrote the book)...

I am ALWAYS looking for more photos and or home movies of all these tracks - the earlier the better.

Please check out www.wheretheyraced.com for more info or email me at [email protected] if you might be interested in helping to to 'curate' this thread for me." <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. there is a book called City of Speed: Los Angeles and the Rise of American Racing by Joe Scalzo. Great resource as is Joe himself