Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Early Coldwell Snow Blower

Discussion in '"The Antiquated" Classifieds' started by fleetside66, Apr 21, 2018.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $75
    Here is a very stylish old snow blower made by the Coldwell Mower Company. In researching this machine, it turns out the Mr. Coldwell was the dude that invent the freakin' lawn mower! If you google the history of the whole thing, it's quite fascinating. Although I saw many pictures of old snow blowers, I could not find a pic of this one. What I like about this piece is the really cool styling, especially the ribbed side panels...very 1950's. It's funny, I grew up in the 1950's, but I don't ever recall seeing someone using a snow blower. The snow shovel was the instrument of choice in our neighborhood & it seemed like I was always the one using it.

Anyway, the guy I got it from years ago told me "it ran when it was parked" & only needed some work to the gas line shut off, which was leaking. The Clinton engine turns quite freely & there's still clean oil in it. Everything is complete & unbroken, but it does appear that gas tank might not be original, but I could be wrong. My gut is that it would simply be a case of doing a cosmetic restoration on it. Everything looks like it can be unbolted, prepped & painted. The paint looks original & it outstanding in red & turquoise & would look insane restored. The auger shroud measures 17" wide & 16" high.

Obviously, It'll have to be picked up. I'm located in a convenient area, close to the northeast corridor. Check Bethlehem, PA on the map & you'll see. I could probably even meet you halfway, if it's not too crazy. Or, I could meet you at one of the many shows in the area, such as the Macungie ones. I'm, also right on the way if you're traveling from the north to Carlisle or Hershey.

IMG_3617.JPG IMG_3610.JPG IMG_3611.JPG IMG_3609.JPG IMG_3608.JPG IMG_3618.JPG IMG_3619.JPG IMG_3620.JPG IMG_3613.JPG IMG_3612.JPG IMG_3615.JPG IMG_3614.JPG IMG_3616.JPG Attachment-1.png

lowroller1 and catdad49 like this.