Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Christmas gift from the Wifey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead dodge roadster, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Well the wife surprised me today with an early christmas present.....a 1965 dodge coronet 440 with the original 383 still under the hood. Shes the one snapping the picture or me "earning" the car by dragging it onto the trailer with an old come-along and a few flat tires. More to come after I can get it in the shop tomorrow and cleaned up a bit. The only major rust if the bottom of the front fenders. The floors, quarters and trunk are solid and rust free, unlike most of these early B bodies.

Attached Files:

2. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

A wife that has good taste in cars and is smart enough to find one for her husband is a "keeper".

3. Oh yeah, no complaints here.....she is the greatest.

4. What a gal!

My better half also got me my truck as a present a few years back,aint we lucky guys?

5. Deuces

Deuces

Sweeeeeeeet! :D
    So what are your plans for it??? 413, 426 Max Wedge or how about a 426 Hemi???
    Let's see more pictures of it!! :)

6. philo426

philo426

Cool!Why do they call it a 440 when it has a 383?

7. Deuces

Deuces

The 440 was a trim package... Kinda like the 330 base model..... Hope I'm right!! :eek:

8. they had different trim levels for the coronets- the base model, the 440 and the 500. It is a confusing set up if you aren't used to the way mopar did things. The 440 engine wasn't available till '66.
    As for my plans, im going to get it running with the 383, throw a set of superstock springs on the rear, some drag shocks in the front, redo the interior and head to the track on the weekends and drive it when ever I can durring the week, and as a '65, it qualifies for the nostalgia classes at the local tracks. Pictures will come tomorrow when I get it in the shop and cleaned up a little. It has been sitting in the field for a long time.

9. Pasta

Pasta

Great car! Good luck with it!
    I'll only get bills for Christmas.

George

10. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

Cool! My very first car was a Coronet 440 but it had a 318 in it. Bought it when I was 14.

11. My49Plymouth

My49Plymouth

Nice car and nicer wife .... my wife gives me nothing but grief.

12. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Super nice Hardtop,very cool

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Very cool! Lets see more pics!

14. Very nice!!!

15. Nice, keep that woman!

16. greg ducato

greg ducato

Very cool! Nice to have a partner that shares your enthusiasm, or at least encourages it