Register now to get rid of these ads!

early Bronco steering box on a '32 frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TBonez, Mar 20, 2007.

1. TBonez

TBonez

a friend of mine was clearing out a bunch of stuff in the back yard and gave me this complete steering unit off a 67-68 Bronco for my '29. He said it will work but I havent heard of anyone using one. Will it work or should I just take it to the dumps.[​IMG]

2. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Parts that you have there if they are in good shape will bring about $200 on Ebay, dont throw them away. The steering wheel if its not cracked is $50-$100, column about $50 and the steering box $50 - $100. List them under Early {66-77} Bronco then the part

3. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

Bronco's are front steer, with the pitman pointing rearward so the box will rotate correctly for side steer if the pitman arm is remounted pointing up. Hard to get the correct drag link angle that way. If you don't use it, the column and wheel may be worth a few bucks on ebay. Early Bronco's are quite popular in their own right. The manual steering boxes aren't in much demand though.

4. TBonez

TBonez

Thanx for the help. My neighbors kid is into off roading 'n has a friend that does Broncos. He offered me $175 for the whole mess if I dont use it so guess I just made some parts money for the '29