Register now to get rid of these ads!

early 60's period correct?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DD, May 27, 2006.

1. DD

DD
    from illinois

I am building a 46 ford, I want to know what would be a period correct motor compartment. Also what would be period correct, engine and compartment for bellflower style custom?

2. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

46 ford, bellflower style? I dont know how well that would work out, maybe if it was a coupe? Try checking out the lowrider "bombs" Thats more the style I think. As far as engine, its the age old argument. What does it matter, the hood should be closed. If your dead set on a V-8 swap, any engine that was common in the early 60's.

3. DD

DD
    from illinois

My post is confusing, the 46 will be a hot rod, I am wanting to know how someone would have detailed engine compart in say 62. I also have a 64 chevy, i want to build bellflower style. Hood will be closed 98% of time just wanting to correct if i ever lift hood.

4. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

You would have red fuel lines and spark plug wires. Multiple carbs were the rule. Every chrome goodie there was. chrome coil cover, chrome regulator cover, generator cover and chrome valve covers unless you could find some rare ones with "corvette" script. The engine block and engine compartment would be painted to match in a bright color (red, yellow)
    There were really not a lot of custom touches available to the average guy.

5. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

exactly-clean as well.

6. DD

DD
    from illinois

Body color firewall or off white?

7. You could do yourself a big favor by getting some old magazines at a swap meet. Invest a little money in your future. You won't regret it'