Register now to get rid of these ads!

early 50's lincoln owners!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cosmo53, Dec 30, 2007.

1. cosmo53

cosmo53

Ok you lincoln capri and cosmopolitan owners, i'm trying to find out if there is any bolt on disc brake swap for my 53 cosmopolitan. what master cylinder can i use with such swap, and if no swap is to be had, what 2 cylinder mc can i use to upgrade my system. Also, is there a power booster source to be found for these cars? Thanks, folks!

2. cornernfool

cornernfool

Went to ABS in Orange, Ca. They set me up with disc brakes on the stock spindles, calipers, hoses, power brake unit with dual master and proportioning valve ready to bolt to car. I think it was right around $1000.00 for everything.

3. cosmo53

cosmo53

thanks! anyone else?

4. cosmo53

cosmo53

as much as i appreciate this info, i know there are a few more of you folks out there that may have more insight. also, cornernfool, do you have a phone # or website for ABS. thanks

5. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I have the stock drums and lines on mine, but i use a 84 5.o mustang dual chamber master and booster. I bought the car with it on there, so I dont know how much fab is involved but I could take pics of it and send them to you. Also a granda II will work with the discs. Fatman sells an entire set up for it with dropped spindels if you want.

ABS is an ok company too.

6. cosmo53

cosmo53

thanks jarzen, those pics would be great whenever you get a chance. is there a website for fatman?