Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early 50s Chevy Pickups. Air Suspension? Questions..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bazooka, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Bazooka

Bazooka

I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions in regards to bagging My 51 Chevy pickup. I know there some of you guys with these trucks running Air Suspension. anyone who knows some Info?

People with these trucks running Air Suspension, How large of a C-Notch did you need to use and what size tires are you running?

Is it possible to run 670 bais tires and still drop (lay) all the way down without hitting the top of the front and rear fenders?? I was thinking of running 670s Front and rear..

Thanks guys..

2. Bazooka

Bazooka

3. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I'm running bags on mine I have a 195/65 15 in the front and rubbed the heck out of the fender support, I ended up modifying the fender support quite heavily to gt it around the tire and still be able to drive without rubbage...the back, well I cant tell ya, I'm running a custom bed which has plenty of clearance (275/60 15 Back) I widened the custom bed box from stock about 4 inches, prior to taking it to the street I still had the rear fender supports in and rubbed like hell as well.....you dont need the back but I recommend the fronts (I tried running it without the fronts and the fenders had too much vibration wiggling things about) as far as the c-notch, I cant remember what the heck I put in there, a 4 inch?....its close none the less...