Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods early 30's chevy truck pic request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jarred Hodges, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

This may be an odd request but does anyone have any pics of early 30's chevy truck cab bodylines. I have a 33 cab and will need some pics of how all the body lines went together, mainly the top to the back of the cab and doors to the top. My cab has most of the wood left but its fatigued to the point that the doors do not close properly and the top does not tine up with the back of the cab. If anyone has any pics of how everything fits or just a close up of these areas I would really appreciate it. I am just looking for something to go off

2. F&J

F&J

Have you tried Bing and Google "image search"? There must be quite a few pics online

Just a reminder, that many car buffs do not know that the 33 trucks and sedan deliveries still used the 1932 car front sheetmetal and radiator/shells.

I know I have seen at least on person on here with a 33 pickup with some decent pics

3. F&J

F&J

4. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

You can try the Stovebolt.com website, all Chevy and GM trucks.

5. Wayne67vert

Wayne67vert

6. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

What you may have to do to realign everything is to pull the front cowl forward. Ended up doing this on my dads 36 chevy truck(the cowl still has wood). We just bolted the cab to the frame and put 2 come alongs(one on each pillar) and pulled it and hammered on all the edges. Did the trick to realign everything.

7. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

8. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

here is a couple pics of what I have to work with
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges