Register now to get rid of these ads!

EAGLE FIELD Drag Race & Car Show Dos Palos CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Lets go West Coast! I had some Great feedback @ DragFest, people are really interested in an event like this. Lets make it happen! Rocky

2. jlibert

jlibert
    from fresno

This is awesome. I grew up about 5 minutes from this place. We've always went to the fly-in's. We've always dreamed of turning into a drag strip, but never thought it would happen. There are a ton of local firebaugh, DP and LB guys that would be in on this. I'll spread the word locally.

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I added you to the list. Thanks Rocky

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

OK, here is the latest on our project. The EAGLE FIELD Hot Rod Gathering will be held on Saturday October 10<SUP>th</SUP> 2009 at EAGLE FIELD in Dos Palos/Firebaugh. EAGLE FIELD is 50 miles west of Fresno, CA and 10 miles south of Dos Palos, CA just off Interstate 5 (Check eaglefield.net for directions). The actual schedule of events will depend on how much money we can raise with a $500.00 CASH Grand Prize Raffle. We decided on having at minimum a gathering in the EAGLE FIELD Hanger to raffle off the $500.00 Grand Prize.
    Raffle Tickets will be available by Saturday May 9<SUP>th</SUP> 2009 at the Sierra Vista Mall Car Show in Clovis, CA and will continued to be offered until the drawing on October 10<SUP>th </SUP>. The tickets are to raise funds to make it possible to put on the Drag Race we wish to include to the show. The tickets will be $10.00 each and your ticket will be good for general admission (entry fees will still be charged less the $10 paid for the raffle ticket) to the &#8220;Big Show&#8221; if we can make it happen. The &#8220;Big Show&#8221; plan is a Car Show, Swap Meet, Drag Race for &#8216;65 and earlier Hot Rods, Customs and Race Cars of all types. If we only have a gathering it will be FREE to anyone who wishes to attend.
    Items donated before the event will also be raffled on the 10<SUP>th</SUP> to those who are present and have purchased a raffle ticket. This will be a conciliation raffle and on the end of the ticket will be an additional stub that those participating will use to enter the raffle. Let me make this very clear ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT THE EAGLE FIELD MUSEUM!
    Anyone wishing to help sell and/or purchase raffle tickets please contact me here or email me at [email protected]. We can do this working together, if we fail it isn&#8217;t for not trying! There are many issues to put in order like insurance, sanitation, security, track barriers, concessions, fencing, ambulance, fire and safety, and much more. I&#8217;m not naïve, just passionate about this project, and we have a property owner willing to work with us. So here is our chance to make this happen! Rocky

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. good meeting you at dragfest, i'll definitely head out for this!

6. 61TBird

61TBird

http://web.me.com/fomoco/Strangers_Car_Club/Home.html
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3886522

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This is looking real good.

8. ThingyM

ThingyM

You know Rocky, I can't do to much to help you get this going. BUT,,,I will be there.. Maybe with Both cars running,, Good luck My friend.. I hope you guys can make a real go of it...Dick..

9. mopedcouple

mopedcouple

Sounds Amazing!!!!!! count us in

10. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

11. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

This is awesome! What an anniversary present to myself. I forgot about Clovis this w/e. I'll hook up and grab some tickets.

12. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

i'll be seeing you at goodguys to get my raffle tickets!

13. tommy v

tommy v

what about the fremont reunion in sac in june

14. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks for the support and input, Sac is a consideration. Rocky

15. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Went to the local Shriner Car Show today, small but I sold 12 tickets, people are interested! Great meeting fellow HAMBer Katuna today and Thank You for the support. Anyone who thinks they can sell or is interested in tickets contact me and I'll hook you up. Rocky
    WE CAN DO THIS!

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

17. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Met Rocky on Sat. Super cool guy who's VERY passionate about this project. We need to get as much West Coast support as we can. The location is perfect ( 1/2 way between SF/Sac and LA and a stones throw from I5), the time of year should be great and he has a property owner who's actually supportive of a Fresno Co. drag race. No small feat nowadays.

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks Katuna, Join us at greeno's Saturday morning get together this weekend before I head out to Eagle Field about 8:30. Check out greeno's thread, http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361152
    Rocky

19. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

A little more info today! Looks like a county ordinance will only 1000 or less attendess without going thru all the red tape. I'm OK with that, my thought is I'll only print 1000 Raffle tickets and that will be the admission ticket. Sure glad I've only talked about this on the HAMB :D Rocky

20. I'll be handing out some of the flyers you gave me at El Mirage this weekend.

At least the county didn't say that more than 4 people congregating is considered a gang..

Are they requiring PD and fire for the event??

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'm trying to find out, lets hold off on the flyers and save them for people who you would like to join us. This may be a "Club" event:D Rocky

22. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Will you have raffle tickets at the ANRA event at Famoso in June?

23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Yes I will Neglected', let me know how many you may want and I'll set some aside for ya. The $10 raffle ticket is for $500 cash and at this point (as hard as I'm trying) there is no guarantee on the race. We will meet on the 10th @ Eagle Field for the raffle. Rocky

24. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Thanks Rocky, Ill take three tickets -Kleet

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

OK, I'm gonna ramble on here a bit. It seems that a closed or private event may be the way to go, I'm still waiting on the County of Fresno to respond. If the event is a closed event the majority of people that know about it would be from this board, an "unsanctioned" HAMB get together. The event will take $$$$ to make it happen and the only means of $$$$ right now is a $10 Raffle Ticket donation. I'm having great luck selling raffle tickets but any help would be appreciated. If we have a private event the Raffle ticket will be the only way to get in. If the event is an Open event than the Raffle Ticket will be a General Admission Ticket. When October 10th rolls around and I've failed (that hurts!) than we gather at Eagle Field for the Raffle and give away $500. If we raised $10,000 and didn't have the "Big Event" the proceeds will go to Eagle Field, a Non-Profit museum, which is a great cause to save a lot of history. The story hasn't played out, I'm not giving up, we just need to band together to make this happen. I have tickets available to anyone who wants to join in and sell tickets for the cause, I know it's not for everyone (selling tickets) and appreciate those who have purchased tickets for themselves. Rambling done, what do ya think, Rocky

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Rocky I will buy 2 tickets if I can hook up with you....are you going to be in the Clovis area over the weekend?

27. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

I also will buy two.I will set up with you later......JOHN

28. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'll be at the Donut meet tomorrow, Thanks Skip!

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

30. Muttley

Muttley

See you there.