Register now to get rid of these ads!

EAGLE FIELD Drag Race & Car Show Dos Palos CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

1 week to go....is everyone ready?

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

No, damnit.

But I bloody well will be before friday. :D

3. spook498

spook498

I am so looking forward to this! Gonna break out the engineer boots and cuff the jeans!

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

We are only 5 days away and it keeps getting better! Check out the fire truck that is going to look after our butts.........a 1942 GMC that has all 21st century technology on it. Notice the HURST Jaws of Life? They are on there and Mark the owner is fully qualified if "God help us" we need him. No where else but Eagle Field:D
    Friends old and new hauled in and unloaded 10 loads of K-rail barrier, working a 13 hour day, THANKS GUYS! I see why it is so hard to pull off an event like ours, those 60 barriers cost $600 a piece to buy (ours are on loan), Then you have to haul them, the Cerutti & Sons Transportation and Bridgewater Equipment trucks milage added up to a total of 1200+ miles (10 loads 60 miles each way) :eek: and we still have to haul them back. After the K-rail was unloaded we had another volunteer meeting, then Joe (the owner of Eagle Field) treated us to a fantastic dinner. Alot of people are making this event happen and I want to say thank you! Rocky

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  5. leeberz

leeberz
    from fresno ca

its lookin good pop hopefully i can get the car together this week ....on my own but if i have half the talent u do or half the faith u have in me we will be lookin good next weekend;)[​IMG]

6. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Man that fire rescue truck is rad, we would have loved to have had a truck that well equiped at the track I used to work at. We had the best fire rescue guys in the world and due to some generous donations they were very well equiped but WOW that is a nice rig. I feel better knowing there is going to be that kind of equipment and people that know how to use it keeping our racing brothers and sisters safe. From a guy that worked around racecars in the past and unfortunatly saw a few bad wrecks I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to the people bringing that rig out and keeping everyone safe, and as we used to say during the track crue meetings before each race...I hope you rescue guys have a nice easy day of watching the races!

7. leeberz

leeberz
    from fresno ca

5 more dayzzzzzzzzzz

8. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

See you there . I'll be the one with match sticks holding my eyelids open , 13 hour flight , then 4 hours driving , but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Holy shit man you should get the farthest traveled award......what ever that is???

10. Strip T's

Strip T's

..He gets to sleep in the seat of my Blown 48 Fiat altered......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

11. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

Is it saturday yet?

12. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Not yet!! :eek:

Finally got all the bits & pieces diddled.
    Putting things back together tomorrow. :cool:

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Lee has to wait until Thursday for his bump stick! He'll be thrashing to get the HAGR done by Friday night but this is the biggest HAGR event on the west coast:D Rocky

14. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

4 more days!!!!!!!

15. stormy byrd

stormy byrd

Hey BBFB HA/GR "Newbie"

Anyone coming in from the Gold Coast of Australia has my vote !

You come by the "Revelation" Modified Fuel Roadster pits. (The Red Roadster Rocky has posted on the Eagle Field site.)

I got some Revelation shirts with your name on it and your gang too !

Will see ya "Mate"

StOrMy

16. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Just wondering.......is anything going on for the early arrivals on Friday that we should know about?

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Nope, although I might put you to work:D:D:D Rocky

18. spook498

spook498

I have looked at the flyer and the website, and didnt see any info... Will we be allowed to bring coolers, or is it vendor only items? I have a 2 year old who likes milk and juice...

Thanks!

19. Lancer

Lancer

I am pretty sure milk and juice are banned...:rolleyes:

20. spook498

spook498

Its not the fact that milk and juice would be banned, but rather bringing in a cooler with her stuff in it. Its not like there are food vendors with milk and juice.

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Ice Chests, Coolers are allowed for personal use NO PROBLEM!!! Don't worry, we won't have time to inspect the contents:D:D:D A reminder to everyone.........there are NO BLEACHERS, your chairs and EZ ups are welcome, also the entire facility (besides the STRIP) is HARD ROLLED and WATERED DIRT . Truely old school, Rocky
    3 MORE DAYS!!!!!

22. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I just want to say Bravo and Kudos to Rocky for pulling this off. I just read this thead from page one and you gotta just say WOW! It's cool to see something go from an idea to reality in such a relatively short time. A hard working man. Hats off Brother!

23. tommy v

tommy v

x 2:):)

24. See you all Sat.

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Nothing Fancy but here is a sample of the awards (Mini bikes are plaques)!
    [​IMG]

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

28. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

I knew it was stupid of me to take a job. Retirement is over and I dont have time to work on the Divco now and I was so looking forward to meeting the HAMBers at the HAMB drags on Saturday. I wont be able to make the drags because of travel this weekend. On the other hand.. I have a job in this tough economy. You guys post pics and stories since Denise wont be here to do it.

Oh yeah... I'm an art curator... who wodda thought! They asked me in the interview if I paint and I said "oh yes". I just didn't tell them I paint cars, trucks, boats and motorcycles.

29. casper

casper

I have 2 extra tickets up for grabs (for free!) if a HAMBer needs them.
    Thanks, Kenny.

30. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Well,

The itinerary's set, the reservations'er made, the truck's fueled & fluided, the equipment's ready to load, the trailer's cleared, the missus' waitin', the bags're packed, the dog'll be fed while we're gone and the clock's tickin'.
    It's almost then. ;)

Oh yeah, and the "Poppet" & the HAMBster're ready. :cool:

Our time machine's waitin' for us at a historic airfield in Fresno County, courtesy of Rocky Phillips.
    Bring it, gentlemen. :D
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->