Register now to get rid of these ads!

E-Z Locker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capt. Zorro, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Has anyone ever used the E-Z locker posi style rear end? I've heard that they can be more noisy and jurkey than the clutch type posi's. What is a good price on one? I've seen them on e-pay for $190.00.

2. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I have one on my '75 Nova... I like it.

It works just like a Detroit Locker...

It clicks when you turn corners, but I can deal with that;

Just make sure you're straight before you nail it!:eek:

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I had one in my 4x4 Yoda.
    Worked GREAT!!
    They are noisy when traveling slow around corners.
    And if you coast into a corner and get on the gas mid-way through, you can feel the car want to try and straighten out.
    Also are only as strong as the cross-pin.

Josh

4. kidwired

kidwired
    from Sonoma CA

I dont care much for lunchbox lockers, I prefer full lockers that replace the carrier, I love my detroit strong as hell but noisy and jerky. For a smoother locker try a trutrac, I dont even know mines there.

5. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

sounds like a ratchet clicking in th rear when turning like hot rod said. Never broke it but the clicking was too annoying and put in a trutrac instead.

6. colorado51

colorado51

I've used a PowerTrax locker in a Jeep. Worked really well, but was somewhat unpredictable and squirrelly while going around corners (even though it is supposed to disengage). Also, some of the snapping and popping noises it would make would scare the hell out of me, at times it sounded like the whole thing was coming apart!

7. tunglegubbin

tunglegubbin

I have a Power Trax, it's not just noisy, the sound it makes send chills down the back of any mechanically inclined person.

I'm tearing it apart this weekend to replace the axle housing, it will be interesting to see what it looks like.