Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects E-Z Boy interior thread?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Britton, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Keep the pics flowing, reasonably priced upholsterers are a rare breed where I live and this really seems an great alternative.

2. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

What are their prices for a seat cover? I'm looking to do one for my '36 Ford pickup using a first generation Dodge Caravan center row bench seat. I left them a message as their sales persons were all busy this morning.

3. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Ok, they called me back. Sounds like $210 on up for just a cover, depending on the style you choose and fabric. And $529 for the cover including the foam. I'm assuming this is where you would just use your frame and springs? Again this quote is for the center row bench seat that is about 42" wide with no head or arm rests from a first generation Caravan. Also the salesman said he was not aware of a HAMB Alliance Membership discount.

4. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

"EZ Boy - These guys have come a long way in just a few short years. If you are looking for a damn nice interior in your car and don’t want to spend a ton of coin, give them a shot. Alliance members get 10% off."

5. There might have been a discount with the company before they were acquired by Lebarron-Bonney, who knows if a discount would apply now?. I guess someone who knows for sure would have to chime in.

6. Donald65

Donald65

Need to find somewhere in the WNY area to have an interior put in our 36 Chevy Master Deluxe.

7. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Figure id bump this back up for the dudes lookin at a reasonable way to get some nice guts in there car. I did my seats, door panels, kick panels and package tray with ezboy products on my 62 i just sold. First ever attempt at an interior. Carpet and floor mats were from another company. It was by no means perfect but looked pretty damn good for my first time. Rattle canned dash and some elbow grease on the trim inside, i think i had around $1100 into the entire interior with my alliance discount image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

8. $1100. is quite a bargain compared to the 10K quote I got recently for leather interior installed in my single seat coupe!
    (I'll be taking a closer look at the E-Z Boy route.)
    Nicely done!

9. I don't recall who it was but one of the local HAMBers put one in his car back about 7 or 8 years ago and he said that the only thing he didn't like about it was that he really worked up a sweat getting it stretched over his seats. I remember laughing about it and asking why he thought upholsterers got paid so much.

I have seen several around town and they are top notch for sure.

10. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Never heard of them but I'm glad this thread is here. As far as stretching have any of you used a steamer; allows the material to be stretched a little easier and when the material cools it becomes even tighter or so the theory goes.

11. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you can install it in the Summer, pick a good hot day and lay the covers in the sun for a while. It'll stretch a lot easier and fit great when finished.

12. jcs64

jcs64

what tagman said

13. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

This probably won't help you much but I am bored so I thought i would bore someone else. I put together a crude roadster peekup a few years ago . I tried bomber seats and hated them. I was priced $350 for a cover on a school bus seat . That was more than my budget for the whole interior.
    A friend was crushing a Chrysler Mini-van . The drivers seat was rough but the rest was cherry. I bought "anything you want for $80 " deal. The floor narrowed up somewhat and the third seat didn't fit well. I took the bottoms off the second bucket seats, and the back off the third seat and put them together. It worked well and the back even folded forward to store some things. It was very comfortable, we took it on The Power Tour the next year. There was enough material left over for door panels and carpet for the floor. I'll try to post pics so if they buick080fx7.jpg don't work ,oh well.