Register now to get rid of these ads!

E.T.'s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rainer, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Rainer

Rainer

what time do you run on the quater mile
    mine:
    best 12.9 with 350/355hp powered roadster on 7"bias ply - 2.56 locked rear and 2450 lbs
    [​IMG]

2. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The flag in the background looks like you were supported by some winds from the rear [​IMG]I´m courious what E.T. you´ll have with your new slicks mounted, I guess you might still get rubber on the first 50 or 60 yards...

3. k-member

k-member

4. Holy cow! 12.9's in a 2450 lb. roadster w/ 2.56's on bias plys? I think there are a lot of people here who would like to know what your secret is.

Could it be that you measured off what you think is a quarter mile at your local airport, grabbed a stopwatch, and tried to time it yourself?

I ran a 69' Camaro w/ a strong 427 that was just short of 500 hp. The car had a 3500 rpm converter, 4:11's out back, cheater slicks, a very slick 2 bar suspension, and to the best of my knowledge was set up pretty well. We only broke into the 11's by the hair of our chiny,chin, chin on good weather days.

Your running nitro and aren't telling us, huh? You sneakey guy [​IMG]

5. Dragrace66

Dragrace66

Rainer is a very goo driver and he shift his auto by hand at 6000rpm. The engine is a ZZ4 sbc with a 750 carb. The roadster is really fast.

6. jonizzle

jonizzle

if he really is beakin into the 12s, his reaction time must be crazy good.

7. Rainer

Rainer

jep [​IMG] -- no - I don't feel like it's going realy fast - like to go faster, this is why I bought my first chaeter slicks now - I'm always thinking to go faster - may be reduce the rear axle ratio to 3.55:1 - but I'm drivin the car about 5000 miles a year and so I don't like it (gas [​IMG])
    -- I don't know a lot about drag racing because there isn't one over here (only private!!) but it sounds you don't belive my time - for sure it's real - but once again - I think it's not realy fast compare to gugs with other rods they are driving 12.00 et's on sb ford [​IMG] in germany - and so I'm searchin for some tricks!!!!!!

8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can tell you,Rainer has damn good reactions, even when he´s drunk.Maybe they ´re even better, when he´s drunk, I don´t know.I was so happy to get out of his roadster without any injuries [​IMG]

9. grtpmkn

grtpmkn
    majestic wiener
    from Kansas

[ QUOTE ]
    if he really is beakin into the 12s, his reaction time must be crazy good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reaction time has nothing to do with your ET's..He could have sat there for 2 minutes and still ran 12's.

10. 12packo94s

12packo94s

10.33 with a streetdriven NOVA,,, not traditional i know but still that car is a hell of a lot of fun

don't really know what the hot-rod runs

11. jonizzle

jonizzle

oh...i thought that if you are at the tree that your reaction time is factored in. although i recall a perfect reacion time is .400 secs right? so i don't know. all i remember i had a friend you ran his car and his reaction time was like .900 or higher. does the clock start when you cross the starting line, or when the light goes green? (i know Rainer wasn't at a track.) i would like to know because i am not too familiar with drag racing. sorry for runnin my mouth.

12. McGrath

McGrath

As far as I know the clock starts when you leave the Beam (light). Reaction time is what helps you get the Holeshot on the other guy, but has nothing to do with the E.T.

13. jonizzle

jonizzle

alright...i get it. thanks for the clarification on that one. just for the record, reaction time is the time it takes for you to cross the beam from the time the light turns green right? but the clock starts counting when you cross the beam. but theoretically wouldn't a better reaction time lead to a better ET? just because you are coming off the line harder? sorry for goin away from the original post, i am just interested in this stuff. thanks guys.

14. Just poking fun Rainer. If you want to go faster try the stickier tires you're speaking of w/ steeper gears. 3:73's are a good all around choice. And since you aren't going totally trad and are using an SBC, why not a 150 hp. shot of NOS?

15. Assdragger

Assdragger

Hey Jonizzle, you have a PM.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A "picture" speaks a thousand words. Big Olds times are on the RIGHT. This took place last Aug at the HAMB Drags. It was 100 degrees out and Big Olds is wearing regular old street tires. He done good for the big 'ol guy he is. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now all I have to do is get more of that torque to the pavement. I'm thinking a posi unit in the rear

[​IMG]

17. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I raced rickyracer in my roadster the other night. I don't know what it will run in the Quarter yet I have had it going over 125 before I shifted into 6th .. My coupe ran 13.6 at the antique nationals on 4 inch wide bias tires and 2700 feet above sea level

18. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Hotrodladyracer, if you're running an Olds engine in that Olds, you might want to hop over to realoldspower.com I'm a regular there, and there are several really serious Olds racers and engine builders there, as well as parts dealers amongst its memberss

ET's from an Olds? Well, there are at least a dozen guys on ROP running in the single-digit 1/4 miles, a couple of the doorslammers are running low 8's at NMCA meets, plus there is one or two low 7-second dragsters and a soon-to-be 6-second dragster that the moderators are running (trying to dial in).

I think I'm the only guy there putting together a serious early Olds engine though [​IMG], all the rest are running late engines, the fastest of whom are running small block diesel block-based engines with Batten heads.

Really a wealth of Olds engine building info there.

Sorry to hi-jack the post, figgered I better mention ET's in there somewhere [​IMG]

19. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

K-member, what kinda tires was that 12.32 pass on? -J

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Blownolds, will the guys over there be as nice as the HAMB guys to a hot rod chick? [​IMG] [​IMG]

and yes, Big Olds has a '70 Olds455 in him

21. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Prolly.

Hey, did you see my inquiry in that other thread on the valve covers that were on the engine in that photo you posted?

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nope, sorry I missed it. I'm assuming your talking about the "Show me your Rocket" thread? Was it a photo of MY 455? or Dad's 385?

23. [ QUOTE ]
    I raced rickyracer in my roadster the other night. I don't know what it will run in the Quarter yet I have had it going over 125 before I shifted into 6th

[/ QUOTE ]

who won? [​IMG]

24. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

There is an old guy who runs at the NE Dragway in a 460 powered T roadster and turns consistent low 10's.

The engine is pretty mild and he uses a 4 spd toploader. This thing was built ages ago and he put it away. Now retired and trying to get the bugs worked out. His 60 time is the problem so far, small rubber and lots of smoke.

Another T, an Altered 23 roadster in Texas is in the 8's with a Y Block. Several others are in the 9's with Y blocks.

25. Holy Crap! 8's and 9's w/ Y-Blocks! Wow! I was under the impression that even Y-Blocks w/ a lot of port work done on the heads and nasty solid cams could only pull about 350-375 hp.? Am I way, way off or are these folks running really light cars and super chasssis'?