Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dynamat vs Eastwood Thermo-coustic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NorCal51Merc, Aug 29, 2012.

1. NorCal51Merc

NorCal51Merc

Anyone have experience using either of these products on the floors of your cars?

Which one is preferred?

Is there a valid reason for the Dynamat product costing twice as much?

I'll be using one or the other on the freshly treated floors of my '51 Merc as a heat and sound barrier followed by the Dynamat then new carpet. Any advice will be very appreciated.

Thanks!

kr

2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I just did the entire inside of the cab of my '48 Diamond T pickup with "Peel and Stick" duct insulation and some foil faced butyl roof repair stuff from Home Depot. Much less than Dynamat, and certainly looks like it'll work. Went from sounding like banging a drum shutting the doors to Rolls Royce like "thud". Spent $80 for everything.

Brian

3. Goodlife

Goodlife

I have used the Eastwood product in two different cars and I feel like it works well, so I stick with what I know actually works. From what I have read here on the HAMB the home maintenance stores sell a product that some are using, probably more for cost savings than anything else. I can't say how the product compares to Eastwood or Dynamat for the desired outcomes.

4. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit