Register now to get rid of these ads!

**Dynaflow not flowing....help!**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody&Lauren Mohr, Jul 2, 2009.

1. 50bigbuick

50bigbuick
    from oregon

I am assuming that the Dyna's with a Nail Head are similar to the Straight 8 which I have some experience with. That being said the full mark on the dip stick is roughly were the dip stick tube and the tube from the tranny are connected by a short section of rubber hose. If you can't find a dip stick I have some or you could just mesure down to that conection from the top and fab a dip stick at that length. I have had several Dyna's that don't like starting out in "D" when cold but usualy work fine with just a little temp. I would highly recomend a fluid change the old quagmire that likley is in the tranny could be causing some of the slugishnis these tranny's seem to be much more effected by the effects of crappy fluid. Also make sure the factory tanny cooler is hooked up they often start leaking Antifreeze and people bypass the heater hoses. They need the factory style because it helps to warm the tranny up when cold as well as cool it when warm.. Hope this help's.

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

keep driving it. I have a 55 w/DynaFlow that was in storage for thirty years. We dumped some magic potion in it and it keeps getting better and better. At first it took ten minutes before it would move in D, now we are down to one minute.

rumor has it a cup of brake fluid works well to soften up the seals, but that came from a real old car nut. And you what they say about them.

BTW, don't let the smarty pants critics bother you. Just consider the source.

Keep driving and enjoy!