Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dunkirk NY auto flea market

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by entourageguy, May 19, 2011.

1. Any one going or is it worth the drive?

2. papajohn

papajohn

Dunkirk is hit or miss. If the weather is nice, which it is supposed to be on Saturday, it could be good. Personally, I think it has been going downhill the last 5 or so years, but I will still make the 45 minute trek to get there.

3. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

going sunday i think. its the only day i have available. please dont rain, and phil, dont scoop up all the good stuff

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hadn't gone in about 5-years because it was getting pretty bad and I had been told it was worse each year. I decided to try it again today (Friday) and was suprised to find it was a pretty good meet. I'd say about 70%-80% of its peak years, but it was worth driving 1-1/2 hours to get to. I found quite a few goodies........

5. Well I hope you left some for me, Leroy went today too, he said it was good.

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Phil, I left ALL the really good stuff for you !! At least I THINK there was some left............:D

7. ha ha hopefully some good henry j stuff

8. pastlane

pastlane

I'm not going to make it this year due to work but I heard from several people that went this morning. All said it was down on vendors, lots of early Ford (T & A) stuff. Little to no speed stuff. Keep in mind this is all second hand info. Weather for tomorrow is supposed to be great.

I'd rather be there than liquidating a convent...

9. I will be there around 11 am in the shoebox.

10. olds vroom

olds vroom

Ill be there too can't wait its usually one of the better meets in western new york but not as packed as it was 20 years ago still fun for me.

11. Tank

Tank

I went Saturday, found a few good things. Not what it was 15-20 years ago, but I still had a good time!