Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAVWgeek

HAVWgeek
    from Killeen TX

I would have slapped that dude right in the face right on the spot with out even thinking twice.

The one that pissed me off the most:

So that beetle of yours, they are a rotary right?

My reply- no they are a napier deltic wedged into the tiny ass of this car.

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Actually they did, but just a couple hundred, before they were replaced by the 396. Rare as hens teeth, or an honest politician.

3. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Holy shit thats funny

4. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Some are, no doubt.

Unfortunately most all of them are victims of our sound bite society where no topic is 'alive' long enough to actually learn anything about it. Even with videos - one quick clip after another.

If this is the way our society communicates, then it is amazing if someone can get much past "car...shiny..oh look, cookies".

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last night, at the gas station filling the OT/DD (rockcrawler/desert race truck combo), some joker said to me, with a combination of anger and fear: "You can't drive a truck like that on the street!"

I was too tired to come up with a witty comeback.

6. freebird101

freebird101

I hate to be 14 and own a car, I love owning it but I hate people in my grade say "Hay, how that old crappy car of yours" "are you going to trade that for a newer car?" "does it even work?" "was that one of the first cars ever built?"(seriously I got asked that).

7. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Hang in there, the first time one of them gets a flat or a dead battery and has no clue on what to do, other than calling 'daddy', you will be the hero.

8. freebird101

freebird101

hahaha thanks

9. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I had somebody ask me if my car was an old derby car. I also go asked what do you do if it rains. I said drive faster.

And the best one ever "what is it? "

10. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I had some young kids ask me " how fast does it go?" I told them "the speed limit":)

had another older gent' ask me what year my model "T" was I told him it was a 1929 model "A" his reply was "no it not, ford didn't start making model A's until 1930" I just told him " then I have a 1929 model "T"

11. modeleh

modeleh

so what? There were thousands of all steel Model A roadsters built. But you probably have a 32, which is so much better than a lowly model A. so called car guys thinking their duece is better than an A.

12. magoo

magoo

I was at an auto parts store in my primered english ford zephyr convert.Another customer asked if it was mine and said "these are quite rare now.when youy've got it painted it should be worth about $8000."I replied "I hope not I've already spent $12000 on it

13. thegrappler

thegrappler

"You got a three quarter cam in it?"

14. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

...expert..."Look there, see how the panels don't line up"...me... "Show me your ride so I can see how it's supposed to be". SILENCE.

15. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Sounds like something my #2 son would ask me:rolleyes:

16. 42 chevy

42 chevy

I got pulled over in my '42 Chevy. It has a Nova subframeand rear end with an Olds 350, kind of a Johnny Cash special. The cop asked me why I wanted to fix this car, like I should just scrap it I guess. If you have to ask, well you know the rest.

17. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Back in the flathead days there were two kinds of aftermarket cams -- "full race" and "3/4 race".

So he wasn't too far off -- unless it wasn't a flathead:rolleyes:

18. thegrappler

thegrappler

No flat head, it was a 383 Magnum in a Dodge Challenger

19. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

smackdown ! nicely done sir, nicely done

20. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

And all old men are ignorant. Good thing I'm somewhere in the middle huh?

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Many years ago, I was using the service bay at a local gas station to lash the valves in a solid lifter 340 I had built for a friend of mine. This guy stands there the whole time, watching me run the valves, I put the valve covers back on, my buddy fires it up, and he tells me "you have some collapsed lifters".

22. synchro7

synchro7

YEARS ago another kid and I built a fenderless 27 T coupe with a 389 pontiac, 6-71 blower, B&M hydro, Olds rear end. We were sitting at a traffic light when this guy pull up in a 57 Chevy and asked if the blower was a 6-71. I replied "yes". To which he stated " You can't run one of them on the street, they're illegal for that". I shrugged my shoulders and said "Oh well we're doing it anyway"

23. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

I've had every "expert" on the planet tell his wife / girlfriend that the '54 nailhead in my roadster is a Ford Y-block or flathead... I just smile cuz I can see on her face that she thinks she's fuckin an automotive genius.

24. Sigspeed

Sigspeed

injectors don't work on the street

25. heath brinkley

heath brinkley

This is an imformative thread, I need to remember not to engage in conversation with hot rodders. I like cars from every decade and always assumed hot rodders liked to talk about cars. Now I know what people say after you walk away, guess that's what I get for assuming.

26. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

The best answer to the expert is to ask him where his car is?

27. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Well you know what happens when you assume don't you?

you make an ass out of yourself. :D

28. Troyz

Troyz

My dad won the "mayor's pick" for his 28 roadster. He asked the Mayor what he liked about the car? The mayor said: "It's orange...i really like orange."

29. granted this was about my daily driver, but it still made me rub my temples....had my hood up and some guy sees the strut tower brace and asks me "is that there because its a special engine, so people cant steal it?" and he was totally serious....

30. heritic88

heritic88

i have two
    one: drunk hillbilly coming out of a liquor store as i raise my car and he says damn dude make it hope and i said no dude its air ride not hydros and hes like you can make that hop way better i used to do it all the time. and the other is a druck hillbilly chick at some po dunk bar in iowa: how do you get in you dont have door handles oh do you have to push a certain spot on the door?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.