Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 61TBird

61TBird

I had my Gen rebuilt and replaced the V/R.
    I only had to polarize the V/R.

2. peter johnson

peter johnson

Iwas reading this stuff and remembered the time i was pulled up in Sydney , Australia where i live for speeding,the female cop looked inside my impala and wanted to put a defect on it because fuel gauge said gasoline and she believed it should only run on petrol,she was told by older male officer to go back and sit in cop car!!!:confused:

3. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

lmao had a guy tell me exactly how i built my motor wrong and should have done this
    and the blower was such a mistake...then pressed me into a corner talking very loud ...grudge race at the track this weekend i want to see you there...he said
    well i booked the day off work drove to the track raced his trailerd car spanked his ass drove back home and didnt see much of him the rest of the season...maybe i made the right choice after all..lol was only about 75 miles each way to the track
    *****if you see my car on a trailer its broke or stolen****

4. Ive gotten this alot. when i had my 67 caddy i was rollin down the beach one day looking for a parking spot. so me and a few friends could skate the seawall. So as im getting out of my car a few guys about my age 24 at the time walk up and start tellin me about a bagged turbo blah blah blah honda shit stain civic they are building. I said thats nice and just skated off.

5. ChevyDevil

ChevyDevil

The number one question I get, even before "Is this your husband's/boyfriend's car?" is definitely "When are you going to put the rest of the chrome on it?" Sorry, I'm not. This usually results in an argument over why it would look better with the chrome and oh, while I'm at it, I should put the Belair trim on it too. She's not a Belair, sorry, never will be.

6. angrychairmen

angrychairmen

so i was walken back to my car this summer at one of the local shows, and these two guys were standen next to it.

"that nova has a ding in the door and i bet the uni-body is all rotted, gm's are total shit boxes i dont care what people say. When did they make a malibu nova? I dont know its a shit box."

I walked over and pointed out that badge to the left said chevelle, not nova, that yes it has an actual frame, and no its not a shit box your just an ass hole, all the guys behind my car that heard the whole thing just laughed.

7. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Last August I was outside of the Holiday Inn in Joplin, getting ready to drive over to Mokan Dragways for the HAMB drags. Iwas visiting with another hot rodder about my 31 coupe, when a guy walks over, tells me he likes my car, and then proceeds to blabber on and on about his 2009 Camaro SS. I guess he thought he could make a connection with us that way. I tried to be polite. I nodded my head in response to what he was saying, then directed my attention back to the guy I'd been talking to. Thankfully, Camaro boy went away.

8. ibarodder

ibarodder

I had a guy standing by my car talking to people about it, like it was his car ! I asked him a few questions then got in and drove away. Also found two old ladies sitting in it eating ice cream. They had one just like it years ago, I didnt really care that they sat in my car but I think they should have asked first.

9. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I have read this for some time, seems like you would just get a honda and not be faced with all those folks looking at whatever car you have. did you not build it to be noticed????? everyone isnt the expert that all of us are .................

10. quandel_garage

quandel_garage

At Lunch I was at the gas station in my 60 Buick and a guys says nice Cadillac. I told him it was a Buick. The guy said no its not my dad had a 56" Just like it. I said really ???? Did your dad also tell you that you can be anything you want when you grow up ? The guy was pissed.......Some people....jeez

11. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Driving the 51 in griffith park and a cop pulled next to me and said " VVhere did you get the fiberglass body? " I told him on the internet, He said "COOOOOOOOOL!!":eek::D

12. T-Roy

T-Roy

"Wow, a Bel Air 2 door wagon!...

13. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

them - "when are you going to paint it?"

me - it is painted

them - "but its not shiney"

14. was asked if 1951 Crosley Super Sport was "that new BMW thing?"

15. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

My hiboy sedan is grey primer/sealer. I constantly get the 'what color you gonna paint it?' So I tell them 'primer grey'. 'That don't make any sense, how you gonna tell it's painted?' Gee, I just don't know...

Attached Files:

16. NielsK

NielsK
    from Denmark

Look at my avatar.
    It´s a cut down Fordor, with at Simca grill trim welded on the back of the cab.
    Once on a Danish message board I spun a tale.;)
    I wrote that it´s a ´32 Holden, that my uncle unearthed "Down under" as he was digging for Opals, in a abandoned opalmine.
    Also told that the first ower was found as a skeleton, behind the wheel, still clinching a bottle of moonshine.
    Never should have done that :)

It´s now verified that this is the only real Holden 1932 i Denmark :eek:

17. weez

weez

A lot of experts think my shoebox is a Merc.

18. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

yes they are. Ask any corvette expert and they'll tell you. :rolleyes:

19. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Guy looking at my 60 Vette and says nice T Bird :rolleyes:

20. 18 years of owning a 70 Challenger, there wasn't a week where someone didn't say "nice Camaro". I just got to where my reply was "don't be an idiot"....

21. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

"they will let anything in here!"

22. tomslik

tomslik

ya shoulda took 'em for a ride....
    but they REALLY should have asked...

23. CUZICAN

CUZICAN

"Any jerk that can modify a Cadillac is just not American"

24. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Pretty funny. Now can you convince them that they all came from the factory with split bones? ;)

25. brigzee

brigzee
    from Kennewick

Some guy and his buddy were trying to figure out what kind of wheels I had on my car, his buddy says "I can't read what they are the guy put his center caps on upside down". I didn't think anyone was that stupid.

26. 29woodie

29woodie
    from boston, ma

"You must have a Ford in that; Chevy never did make an inline six..." this from a local Chevy "expert" mechanic.

27. Rande

Rande

Nothing mysterious.

"The rod to stroke ratio turned out to be really bad for durability (the cylinder walls wore out very quickly). Most (if not all) Chryco 500 owners had the rotating assembly changed over to 440 parts under a warranty recall back in the day. Thats why you see so many Coronet 500's with 440's in them."

I prefer to add to their stupidity. Gives the next guy they talk to something to laugh at them for.

28. MikeLongley

MikeLongley
    from Florida

I had driven my '32 5 window from Orlando to Pigeon Forge and on the way back I was dog tired and gassing up somewhere in southern Georgia when two guys in a pickup truck pull alongside. The driver says "what yearzit!" I say "its a '32" and he says "naw, it's a '36. Had one just like it." Gotta love the experts.
    Another occasion I was riding in a buddies Chopped shoebox. Gassing up (again) and an old lady comes out of the station, passes by the car and remarks "gee, you forget how little the windows were in those cars."

29. I have the same problem and it does not help that I have a 50 merc dash in it.Two of my other favorites are They did not make that and That will never work.

30. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

Thats funny! that s up there with sending lot attendents to other parts departments for cans of compression! and they come in different colors! HAHAHAHAHA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.