Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Where is your front bumper and inner fenderwells.

2. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I got two "Tensor" stickers from a Skateshop for $1 each. Gonna stick one on each valve cover in the '54 Ford and see what people come up with.

3. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

So this rocket scientist is telling his girl friend that the 348 tripower in my 58 mild custom bel air is a 409, and thats the way they came from the factory. I told him 409's came out in 61 1/2 chevys and this was a 348. He then asks if I mean 350. W.T.F.! At least his girl friend had nice boobs!:)

4. tomslik

tomslik

show me more, i seem to be breeding those damn things around here....

5. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

I overheard two guys talking about my 48 Chevy coupe, one says: What car is that? The other one responds: Ummmm its a Morris 1000... Thanks alot... :-D

[​IMG]

6. Orn

Orn

Hahaha… that’s real funny. The other guy must have been Stevie Wonder.

7. fixb52s

fixb52s

OK, first one not car related, but is related to my ride and a show.

During my time in the Air Force, we would bring B-52s to airshows. EVERY airshow had at least one of these aviation experts:
    "This plane is HUGE, what is it?" It is a B-52 bomber.
    "Oh, did you fly it here?" No, we took it apart and shipped it in with pickup trucks. Took us all night to assemble it just so you could see it.

And one for the flattie fans. Had a guy ask why my "V6" engine had 8 spark plugs. I asked why he asked and he told me since there is only 3 pipes on each "exhaust manifold", there is only 3 cylinders on each side. For this I responded "Oh yea, you caught me. I ran out of pipe when fabbing these up and have more on order. I thought I could get away with this until then..." Dumb ass actually bought it, and told me he thought there was an exhaust leak because it was so loud when I pulled in. Yep, shelled out glass packs do that I guess.

8. cgboylan

cgboylan
    from pa.

they guy who drives his wifes mini van says "too bad its a four door" then i say, does your wife know where you are?

9. Comin home from a christmas party we rolled into the scooter bar parking lot to look at a very cool period 60s chopper trike.this drunk and his homies come aut and ask me "did all them old chevy hace leaf springs in da front" I tell him,NO just the special editions sent to alaska in 56,he tells his guys YEAH THATS WHAT I THOUGHT.........My favorite I used to watch guys look at the 350 sbc in my model A and think I had a ford motor because I had adaptors to put ford valve covers on it.....kinda fun is a way,Wish I had another set of those adaptors now........

Attached Files:

10. Jalopy-Joe

Jalopy-Joe
    from Idaho

I was with my friend James in his '67 Plymouth Belvedere, and we had the hood open showing it off (being new and all :D)....and a kid comes to look......

Excuse me, what size of engine?.....It is a .30 over 383 w/ a solid cam...etc.

383? I thought that was a chevy engine?....Nope. Mopar has one too.

Is that a "Distributor relocation kit"?......What the F**K? Really? :confused:

Yeah, I have seen them before. After all, I did go to Wyotech.........

That is exactly what happened. He must have really FAILED his courses. Nothing against Wyotech or Mopar. True story!

11. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

A guy asked me at a cruise-in who I had put the hinges on the other side of the doors on my 1934 Chevrolet 3 window coupe. The hinges are in front where they belong. I had a 302 Jimmy and painted it Chevrolet grey and some one else complimented me on keeping my car stock. They don't mean any harm.

12. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i love this story . i work with a couple "credit card" bikers . i was working with these 2 one day and they were checking out this "harley" ....saying they'd chrome this buy a chrome that ....uh .....guys ....thats a yamaha . they both immediatly started cutting it down calling it jap junk . i think they both were a bit miffed the non harley owner (me) had to point out their mistake.

13. When someone will look at my car say " Thats a nice bomb" I just want to slap the taste out of anybodys mouth who calls a kustom a bomb.

14. trad27

trad27

That is a cool storie

15. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

"Obviously, this one came all the way from out west on a trailer."

A guy that had traveled cross country with us corrected him in strong and somewhat unflattering terms. The old girl is worn enough now that nobody mistakes her for a pampered trailer queen anymore.

16. 21tat

21tat

What color ya gonna paint it?

17. 66-Frankenfish

66-Frankenfish

I had people ask if my 66' Barracuda was a Nova and a charger.

18. overheard two guys at billetproof by my '28 ford rpu with Wico Magneto. (no starter installed since i bump started it) ..... "that distributer is cool but it won't do him any good since he can't even start it."

19. flamed34

flamed34

When building our '51 Ford (in my albums), we fab'd a Z'd front stub for the Jag IFS and tucked the jag IRS way up to get the car low. We were building on a budget and decided to radius the rear wheel wells for additional tire clearance in vs shortening the half shafts. Between the low stance and the larger radius, we are frequently told we sectioned the car....hmmm, I think I'd remember doing that!

The gold / green combo is love or hate (we understood that when picking the scheme)...but we constantly hear "you should have painted it red" or some such tripe.

The other, after about 100's of mods..."I have (or had) one just like it...."

20. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

21. El Gordo

El Gordo

My car has the original blue interior and been in light blue primer for 4 years.
    That means I've heard this very question for 4 years.

My standard answer is ............"PINK"

Their response is "really? - wouldn't that clash?"

:rolleyes:

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I would take it as a compliment, a lot of people don't know the difference, I've seen some beautiful Bombas out there, and the guys who owned them were very cool and down to earth. Very nice people,often the entire family. :)

23. bob308

bob308

i have a 66 corvette. they look t over and say nice it has no rust. or you did a nice fixing the rust.

24. flamed34

flamed34

Ah...can't forget the classic "you ruined a nice old car"....makes no difference the majority of what all of us start with have typically yielded 90% of their originality to time and the elements. In the case of our old shoebox Ford 'vert that started as a sedan...it's not like they're a Duesenburg!

I was once snidely asked why in the hell we put a Chevy in a Ford, to which I quipped, "better than a Ford in a Ford!" (No offense Ford fans, just never been a big fan of anything FoMoCo since the flathead!)

25. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Oh I get tons of these every time I go out with 442.
    Ofcourse theres the it'll run better with a chev. then I say lets race.
    Nice skylark
    Must be a Big block chity to sound like that , I get out and ask whol ost bet before I open hood.
    the ever popular , does it have the 442 engine in it
    that must be a 455 to run like that, nope it's a 400 just like they came in 67
    how much nitrous you got on it ? NONE not sure where that question comes from
    what you got in the motor ? the pistons and rods thing bothers them but some continue with what kind , I repsond with cast flat tops and hyd cam . YEAH RIGHT ! as they turn and walked away disgusted with me . It's a BB OLds not a POS SB Chity
    I've even had them ask 400 SBC when I say it's a 400cui. uhm yeah the only year they came with 10 bolts on the valve covers
    Ofcourse when ya gonna paint it, what color and the one that piss' me off, paint it flat black and make it a rat rod .

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Had my '56 F100 at a car show in San Diego. Guy thought my 429 Ford was a 427 Chevy and asked how I got the distributor in the front. Told him I used a Mopar conversion kit.
    I think he believed me.

27. moparjack44

moparjack44

I won "Best 49" at a car show, on my "48" DeSoto :( !

28. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

"That's a Jaguar rear end" pointing to the Corvette rear end in my T-Bucket. After i've just explained the 327 and rear end are out of the same '65 Corvette.

"Then it's a 283. Those old Corvettes came with 283's" After i've just explained the 327 and rear end are out of the same '65 Corvette.

"What color you gonna paint it" while checking out my gray primed '71 Cheyenne. "It is painted. It's called primer"

"What kind of car is that?" while checking out my T-Bucket "Oh it's one of those kit cars" after being told it's a '23 Ford (gotta put the Ford in there or they still don't have a clue). "Yeah except it started out as a big pile of metal and parts and you get to use tools and a torch instead of glue".

"What year is your Ford?" while checking out my '56 Chevy.

29. Zeke

Zeke

That shit will buff right out :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I went into the local Autozone to get what ever for the Bel Air. The guy behind the counter looks at me and says "Man, to bad it's a '54. Should have gotten a '57."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.