Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbass of the week... ME.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnT, Sep 4, 2011.

1. calvinh

calvinh

I had a friend who dropped a nut down the intake of a 327. His theory was that it was small enough and would blow out the exhaust. He was WRONG!

Took my wife's Volkswagen Passat to a VW dealership to be serviced. They "changed" the oil but drained the tranny, not the oil, and left the tranny dry and about 12 qts of oil in the engine. 2 miles after she picked it up it had blown engine seals and the tranny. Warranty replaced the engine and tranny but in the process of the swap they tore both of the front leather seats and destroyed the carpet AND blew the computer. They fix the computer under warranty, scheduled an appointment at an upholstery shop to get the interior fixed. THEY wrecked the car on the way to the upholstery shop. Great car before the oil change.
    I was changing the heads on a race prepped 347 Mustang and somehow ended up with a hose clamp in one of the cylinders when I put the heads back on. No idea how it got there but that $1.12 hose clamp cost me a short block and a brand new AFR head.

2. When I was 17 I loaned a friend my 66 VW to drive to the city. It got hot on the way so he put some water in it.... cooled it down, permanantly.

3. Kinky6

Kinky6

Just for the record, I have a Muncie four speed with that little red plastic cap in it. Too funny!

Later, Kinky6 :cool: