Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumb tranny install question/ issue.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model-a-fan, Jun 9, 2009.

1. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

I dropped the motor and tranny in my chassis this weekend and ran into a problem with the tranny mount. (SBC 283 w/ 350TH) The guy who did my frame used the correct engine/ tranny for mock up, but I can't seem to get the holes for the tranny mount to align with the crossmember. I've tried 2 different mounts. Called the guy to confirm mock up parts (including mounts) and I'm at the point I'm ready to slot the holes on crossmember.
    Am I missing something? Is there an easy adjustment I'm too frustrated to see? ANY constructive input appreciated. TIA!!!

2. how far are they off? are you sure you are using the same mounts as used during mock up? a little slot in the tranny crossmember will probably solve you problem

3. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

I'm off about 1/4" Yeah, I confirmed all the mounts used, but who knows.

4. sometimes turning the rubber mount on the tranny around will help....i have found some with the threaded holes offset a bit , and some at a slight angle

5. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

Slot it.

Energy Suspension transmission mount pads can only go on one way. I am not sure if the stock ones are like that, but have you tried to rotate the pad 180 degrees and re-check your alignment?

6. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Yes. I've turned both mounts that I've, tried both ways. Thanks for the input so far!!