Register now to get rid of these ads!

dumb question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuck-A-Burger Ryan, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

I've never messed with any cars built before 1953, so I'm somewhat clueless on what will fit what. My question is: Will a '30 model A sedan body fit on an after market t-bucket frame? I have a chance to buy the body and am looking for the easiest way to put a chassis under it. This might be a dumb question but any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Check out an aftermarket "A" chassis or frame. Brookville, Speedway, etc.

3. Squablow

Squablow

An aftermarket T chassis designed to use a 26-27 T body might work, but the standard T-bucket chassis is set up for a '23 T body and are much narrower and lighter than what you'll want for your A.

Better off to buy an aftermarket A chassis to go with your A body.

4. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Check www.wescottsauto.com for frame blueprints. They'll show you the differences between the "A" and a "T" frames. Without going back to look, I'm thinking the "T" frames are 23" wide from front to back, but the "A" frames are 39-40" and narrow down to 23" or so at the front.

5. budd

budd

6. 23" wide t bucket frames are two narrow. i'd suggest an aftermarket a frame.

7. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Thanks guys I appreciate the info!

8. unclerichard

unclerichard
    from Michigan

There is a place here in western Michigan that sells perimeter frames for around $600-$700. For that kind of money its hard to do up an original style frame. Its built boxed and stepped. You add your motor mounts and tranny X member and go. I am thinking he ships those too.