Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumb question, but why pre-65?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by bruceg, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

my 64 olds has front running lights that go out when you hit the head lights

but i have to agree with everyone that the pony car era is the cutoff if i remember correctly

2. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

I think ratrods came out in 65 so thats why nothing that new:D

3. 65Riviera

65Riviera

I just wish there was an exception for the '65 riv (for obvious reasons). It definitely fits better in the custom category than muscle car to me (it and the '58 chebby are factory customs in my opinion). and it's pretty much the same car as the '63...

Sometimes I feel like the redheaded stepchild at car shows:D.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

...and if you're to stupid to go to court and show them that they are wrong then you deserve to pay the ticket. :eek: Been there done that. 1/2 the cops out there do not know the law. And it's sad to see that our educational system has failed us again. It's wear not where... :rolleyes:

5. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

WOW - The quotes that I quoted mentioned nothing about going to court did they?????? They were about getting a ticket for no seat belt.

So Mr. Perfect - I did go to court and had to show the judge the car and prove that it did not come with seat belts.

Are you always such a hateful individual or did someone just urinate in your wheaties this week????

6. Troyz

Troyz

Obama is going to put together a department for regulating the HAMB. So please address your 1965-to present concerns to:
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20500
    (202) 456-1111

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Turn signals weren't, SIDE marker lights were.......:D

Nope.......my '68 park lights turn off when headlights come on.:p And I like that fact that you have to lock the doors with the key on my '68, keeps me and others who drive it from locking the keys in it....hahaha!!!

8. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

That parking light thing is another one I learned the "hard" way... I put an EZ Wiring harness in my Galaxie. I planned the HELL outta this thing, had its manual, the Galaxie schematics, all my aftermarket gear instructions, and even listed out the new custom stuff I would be doing and how it needed to be done. Sat down and had it all figured out, TO A TEE. Finished the project in the dead of winter at 2 AM, backed the car out to test everything, and then noticed the parking light thing. I remember, literally, standing there getting snowed on in a t-shirt, cold as hell, and screamin' "AW, what the fuck?!" My head was about to explode, and I wanted to kick in the damn things (at that point I probably woulda too, but I just put a brand-new set of lenses on 'em! :cool:). I was tracin' wires under the car, soakin' wet, then thought "huh. It's gotta be a bad switch, the wires are RIGHT!" Then I found out the truth. And felt very silly.:p

I'd worry too much about my locks to lock 'em, it takes entirely too much effort to get the key "just right" to work... Worthless damn Ford locks...

9. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

I thought it's because 1964 is the year John DeLorean and Lee Ioaccoca had a demon love child.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The why didn't you say "I went to court and they threw it out", that the cop was wrong? Instead you made it sound like you got nailed for something that isn't wrong. Not being hateful, but leaving out that bit of info wether intentional or not changes things.

Welcome to the internet. If you think that's hateful you need to grow a pair and some thicker skin. :eek:

Bullshit political post. ^^^

11. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

My boss and I were trying to figure this out on my Galaxie the other night, we got lucky at about 5 minutes in one of our "old guys" stopped by and told us.

12. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Unsafe at Any Speed: The Designed-In Dangers of the American Automobile by Ralph Nader, published in 1965

^---The end of designed automobiles, and the beginning of the make it safe and environmentally friendly shit storm we currently are living with.

My response was to the '67 Mustang mentioned, not to the entire "muscle car" definition FNG.

Marty McF.

13. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Nope I quoted you, not someone you quoted. Guess you didn't get that part, see below. I did not assume. As for the missing "n", so sorry. The "wether" comment well I was talking about a castrated goat. :D Oh and you spelled bottom wrong as well so we're even on that. :rolleyes:

15. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Exactly inspector obvious. So where is it in my statement that a say or lead you to believe that I didn't go to court?

Originally Posted by Undercover Customs [​IMG]
    Quote:
    I have 2 tickets for no seat belts, both from different states. Got em' in a 62 Nova, pulled the carpet back and showed the kind officers that there are no holes for the bolts for seat belts. Got basically the same answer from both kind officers - "the law states you are to where a seatbelt". So you can argue with the nice officer all day on mandates and what year the cutoff was and you could even change the subject of the thread and start talking about your nonstock dual exhaust that is louder than it should be. Bottum line is, if the kind officer wants to give you a ticket a ticket you will get.....

16. silent rick

silent rick

don't make me stop the car you two!!!

17. 5window

5window

"Exactly,Inspector Obvious.So,where is it in my statement that says, or leads you to believe,that I didn't go to court? ????:D

18. 5window

5window

That is a very traditional answer.

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

That is funny! :) :)

As for the Cut Off Date,

Do a Search for " Cut Off Date"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.