Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Dumb ospho question...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JK, Jan 22, 2017.

1. What do I do now? I scrubbed my frame with ospho and a green scotchbrite pad. Some places crusted over with the white powder that I expected, some places didn't. What's my next step. I've searched here and some people say wash it with water, let it dry & paint it. Some people say scuff it and paint it. I'll be doing the ever popular rustoleum self etching primer and black sparybomb combo. Photos are of the frame after 24 hour ospho dry time.

Attached Files:

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

sounds like the phosphoric acid wasnt watered down enough. Try a weaker solution. Dont let it sit, wipe it dry

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I think a Scotch brite pad followed by primer and top coat would get the job done.
    I did that on a 51 Merc frame and it turned out fine.

Attached Files:

clunker likes this.
  4. The ospho was right out of the bottle. I was under the assumption that the green ospho was watered down to a certain extent.

5. I may scotchbrite a section and do a test paint tomorrow.

6. BJR

BJR

I thought you had to neutralize it first before you paint.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  7. Not trying to be an asshat here but the bottle of Ospho I have has directions on it. Some paints don't like Ospho if not prepped right so I'd see if you can get instructions from the mfg. I'd hate to see something go wrong.