Register now to get rid of these ads!

Duece Of Spades? O/t ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 29bowtie, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Okay,not trying to start a "drama thread",but i'm curious. Why was the movie update thread closed? I check regularly,because i think this project needs,and deserves,the support of the entire "traditional hot rod"community. In a world, in which we will face,more and more challenges against any hobby,that embraces the internal combustion engine,we have been given an opportunity to support an ambitious project by a passionate,creative hot rodder. Any media,that can help keep our hobby being portrayed in a positive fashion, should be supported by each and every one of us.If you can't see the benefits of an updated cult style film,keep watching American Graffiti and Hollywood Knights, but when our lifestyle is threatened,just like it was in the fictitious Hollywood Knights,don't wonder why,many uninformed people will think our interests are not worth preserving. Anyone who can't understand,the reasons to support this project are very shortsighted,about the importance of "positive media"for the longevity of our hobby. I know i would like to see,an entertaining car movie,rather than some of the crap, being churned out by the mainstream movie industry these days.Am i alone? Let's keep supporting this everybody.;)

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow. I just learned it was closed. I hope she starts up another one. I was looking forward to seeing Faiths film.

3. It changed direction 180 degrees,,,got off track and topic on another film Faith was making,,,

It was the moderators decision to close it,,,HRP

4. Old School 40

Old School 40

So what happens to the film can you elaborate or something.:confused:

5. That thread was embarrassing. Glad it was closed.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

7. Reguarding the "Deuce of Spades," I support what Faith is doing. But I also agree that her latest posts were to far off topic for to long (so far as this forum is concerned). And I concur with the moderator's decision. Faith, If you are reading this (thread) I want you know that you have a lot of friends and supporters here. I'm hoping that when you get back to the Deuce of Spades project you will give us a focused update from time to time.

8. From what i understand,the "temporary" change in direction,was really about learning new equipment. Think of it like a "first test drive"on a new combo of parts during the off season. I guess a few people felt the need,to give negative reports,rather than just not read the post. Then again those same people,seem to be the same one's who never seem to be positive about anybody else's ideas. Ryan,i'll respect your decision,but i do think the majority of the HAMB, would like to see this project supported. Their does seem to be certain members,who consistently,reply negatively and think they are the moderator. If they have a problem with a thread,isn't this a discussion forum? Speaking up or ignoring the thread,is more constructive than just pressing the report button.

9. Old School 40

Old School 40

Thanks for reply,i'm new here but was interested in the thread ,never really saw a reason to hit the "button" thanks

10. Old School 40

Old School 40

just read newer posts,where's the button