Register now to get rid of these ads!

Duece Factory still in business

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31aford, Aug 12, 2008.

1. 31aford

31aford
    from az

Is the Duece Factory still in business? Website does not work and unable to contact by phone. Any info thanks

2. They had a "Business For Sale" sign at the La Roadster Show so who knows?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  3. HotRod31

HotRod31

I ordered some 3/4 bushings from them about month ago ?
    Then 2 weeks later I order 2 more,2 weeks go by and no bushings, so I give them a call and dude says they don't have any And acted like they would not be getting any. I'm like WTF why didn't ya'll tell me when I ordered them. Could have called or somthing.

Later, Mark

4. blackout

blackout

Man I hope they are still going. I dont like seeing Hot Rod shops close, they made high quality parts.

5. yup, and hey have been open for a long time! that would suck ass to loose a hot rod shop like that.

6. I put Frame #4 from Roy under my 32 5 window back in 1977

7. kustoms2

kustoms2

I ordered a catolog about six months ago and still don't have it!

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Word is that Sr. changed the locks on the doors!

9. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

DEUCE IT'S SPELLED D E U C E.. DEUCE DEUCE DEUCE... After 76 years lets get the f*cking spell checker working. DEUCE DAMN. D E U C E DEUCE.

hotrodA and Baron like this.
  10. old4dlvr

old4dlvr

I bought a steering damper of them in March and it came with a note.Business forsale scribbled on a piece of paper.WTF

11. Ever think that Roy is getting older as the years go by? Time changes everyone and you look at things a little different.I know I do and am seeing more and more of smart asses coming in to my shop and think they know more than anyone or want something for nothing.As someone else here stated that Sr. put a lock on the door I'm assuming that there is a Jr. Many Jr.s have tried to come behind Sr and just screw every thing up.Maybe that is the case here....Hate to see them closed as they had a GOOD name in the industry.Hope Roy enjoys his retirement!!!!!!!!!

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Can you say Gibbons ??? :)

13. Damn, I wish I had known that. That could have been my ticket to the US and a green card...
    If anyone knows if its still for sale - send me a PM please

14. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

Please take a chill pille

15. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Thats PILL pill PILL and dampner DAMPNER..... ha ha :D:D:D
    Dave

The Shift Wizard likes this.
  16. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

It's my understanding that since, and maybe the reason for, the business being for sale is that their foundry "person" jumped ship to provide product for SoCal. Since much of Deuce Factory product line is investment cast stainless, kinda tough to sell what you can't get. Don't know if all this is true...just what I've heard.

17. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Indeed.

18. RF

RF

The thought of someone getting older as the years go by is a novel concept. However, regardless of Roy's aging, it is/was Lisa and Jay who handle(d) DF's day to day biz.

Oh, and it's DAMPER...no "N".

19. too bad about the Deuce Factory , i thought they made some good stuff....but when you are not out there pushing your product a business has a way of going downhill. i haven't seen an ad for them in years. i think the last time i saw them at a show was the Nationals in Louisville about 5-6 years ago , they had a very small booth with just a few items

ever since they quit selling Deuce frames they kind of fell off the map. i understand that the dies just wore out and the quality of the stamping went to crap

20. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Pille? If I cud meat ya I cud beet yo upp.

21. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Here's a 2002 article about Roy Fjastad from Draglist.com:

Here's an article about Roy on Nitrogeezers:
    http://www.nitrogeezers.com/Roy Fjastad.htm

When Roy isn't at Bonneville, here's where you can find him:

Roy Fjastad
    Full-Bore Race Products
    424 W. Rowland Avenue
    Santa Ana, CA 92707
    (714) 436-0822
    http://www.fullborerace.com/

Dave Mann
    http://www.roadsters.com/

22. Actually Roy Jr has a seperate company called Deuce Ranch (I think that's the name) that does frames and turn key cars. Huntington Beach. Jay and Lisa were the ones running Deuce Factory and after a couple of dealings with them, let's just invoke the If you don't have anything nice rule ...

23. RF

RF

West Coast Street Rods.

And for what it's worth, the yet-to-be-mentioned Fjastad family member, Carl, ultimately assumed the frame portion of the business (Deuce Frame Co.) a while back, but I don't believe he's still operating things as he was in years past.

24. ja992

ja992
    from Fargo, ND

25. That's right it is West Coast Street Rods - Brain Fart! Thanks

26. jazracing

jazracing
    from Fla

The Deuce Frame Factory
    Phone 714-828-5932
    8440 Cerritos Avenue, Unit D
    Stanton, CA 90680

While working for the Deuce Factory, Carl built all the ’32 Ford frames (over 200) from 1977 through 1985. Created in 1976 by Roy and Pat Fjastad, the Deuce Factory grew into a major supplier of high quality parts and suspension kits for 1928 through 1934 Fords. In order to concentrate on the parts business, Roy decided to separate the frame division in 1985. Carl, the oldest son, was given the great opportunity to take over the frame business.
    Fast forward to 2008 - Deuce Frame Company owned and operated by Carl Fjastad is expanding. Besides manufacturing top quality 1932 Ford frames and complete chassis we are now offering a selection of top quality frame parts, brackets, and suspension kits. We will be adding new parts as they become available, so keep your eyes on us as we grow our new product line.

27. lemonicedeuce

lemonicedeuce
    from orlando

28. Anyone have any update on Carl or Roy Fjastad or the status of the Deuce Factory? I see several vendors still selling products, but maybe they're just not updating their websites. Anyone?

29. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The Deuce Factory is gone. Carl is still building chassis and selling parts, Jay has dissappeared, Lisa has started another small company that sells the SS parts, and I have no idea about Roy.