Register now to get rid of these ads!

duece customs????????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sickiee32, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

anyone know a company in southern california that imports or sells duece customs bodies????????? I heard there the shit....so cal and boyd have used them before???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

3. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

4. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

What exactly do you mean by "Deuce custom"?

I remember an art piece by Harry Bradley about customs based on "thin-fendered" cars (I've been trying to get hold of a copy for years.) That is, a Deuce (for instance) given the classic lowered/chop/smooth/perhaps-Carsons-top/skirts/hubcaps-or-Moon-disks/www's treatment. Is that what you've got in mind?

5. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

there fiberglass.

Not to bash fiberglass owners.. but I don't know about that being the shit..

Brookville repro are the shit. if you can afford if not buy a model A :D

7. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

trying to figure out what I want......steel roadster brookville.....$12000 which is fine or $10000 fiberglass...just comparing my options bro.....

whatever I get it must have exposed hindges...nothing shaved....cowl vent...stock firewall...and moveable windsheild

8. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

$10000 fiberglass coupe that is........

9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Gotta say that 5 window looks pretty good...

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

the other question is how much to ship to Ca?

I think I remember on the Boyd show they ordered a 34 and something was wrong..like they shipped the wrong fenders or something.. but thats probally hollywood made up drama ..

11. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Don't forget that the dollar figures you see on their website is in Ausi dollars, which is less than American dollars.

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

$10,000 AU dollars is about $8500 American dollars, plus shipping.

I'd spend a little extra and go with the Brookville. Once you've have a steel body, you'll understand why they're preferable to a fiberglass body.

13. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

I like the roadster.....but just worried how practical it really is...for long drives ..like to vegas and stuff

14. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Out in So-Cal a roadster with a top would be fine for long trips. I's just as good a coupe with no side windows, lol.

We drive roadsters over here in The North East when it's 30 degrees out, I think you'll be fine.

15. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

How do the canvas tops work out for ya????

16. Send them a E-mail and ask if they have dealers in the USA,,,I'm sure they are going cost a good bit more after you add shipping. HRP

17. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

There will be just as much, if not more work, to get the fiberglass body looking right as a steel one, I would go with a brookville long before a glass one.... especially if the price difference is that small!

18. Call Steve at Lime works,we got a couple from him couple years back,might be the same.really nice bodies so what if its glass.......hes on here as LimeySteve

19. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I'm not sure what material the guy near me uses for the top, but I'm sure any interior shop can make something for that that's water/ weather resistant.

20. If you must go with 'glass, Deuce Customs are the shit. I've seen a couple, and I dont think you'd find better anywhere. Having said that, I'd go with a steel A any day over a glass 32...... even over a steel 32! :D
    I think Kiwi Konnection in SoCal may be the US agents for them.

21. G'day , Don't have any hesitation to use a Duece Customs body , they are the shit!! when it comes to Fibreglass bodies. I worked for Ken for 4 years or so and the bodies were ace . He has a incredible desire to produce a top product and will go above and behond to keep the product good , That is why Boyd had him reproduce the Boydster bodies cause he knew they would be right , there are cars here in Oz that had a few hours prep and then painted as the bodies are generally that good and they hold up really well . The steel out in the shell will amaze you compared to anything else I have seen and the doors close like they should , bang him an e-mail and I am sure you will get some help , however he was recently in the US so he may still be there , good luck with your project ,

Cad

22. Ya know one was at the moon show back about 5 years ago it was in red gelcoat and the just buffed it and it was Bitchin,,,,,,,,,

23. kookee

kookee

But metal for $12000 or glass for $8500. Might just be me, but my vote is metal hands down. Quality and Reputation of Brookville is almost legendary.

24. sickiee32

sickiee32
    from So Cal

yeah it pretty much sucks......pros and cons...hard to decide....I just heard duece does custom chops.....and they look really really close to steel...next to a wescott of course

25. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My last 32 was one of theirs and the quality was great.

The steel/fibreglass thing has been done to death. Get on Skype and give them a call. Ken is a very helpful guy and has shipped these all over the world..

26. deadbeat

deadbeat

Yup, last time I spoke to Duane Jones he had them.He is in Bakersfield Calif & he is here on the Hamb.Nows the time to start printing those old decals that I used to see on dune buggies in the 60's & 70's,,Kiss my ass its fibreglass :D,,Deadbeat

27. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

I was thinking custom like "kustom" kind of car. I wonder what a kustom deuce coupe would look like... :confused: