Register now to get rid of these ads!

Duece Barn Find...God, I hope so....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Aug 17, 2006.

1. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

No, no......we should give him a fair trial first......than string him up!!

Brucie

2. Sorry to hear that Rick!!

Matt

3. djmartins

djmartins

Damn!

That at least makes this thread almost worth looking at....

4. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Your neighbor sounds like a mo-roon :D

He jerked your chain, and that of about 100 other people that read this thread!

He knows not what he did...

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Marilyn Monroe would be 80 years old ... if she was alive.
    June 1, 1926 ... August 5, 1962

Weird isn't it ??

6. taskforceranger506

taskforceranger506

I've got plenty of ammo to go around if you guys want to go after Kroozer and his dumb ass neighbor. I haven't shot anything lately so I'm game.......Your a clown Kroozer. Damn I hate holding my breath that long, gives me a headache.:cool:

He, He..

7. taskforceranger506

taskforceranger506

Look what my brother found yesterday back home in Texas on a piece of property we bought 10 yrs ago...Pics.

Attached Files:

8. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

That makes me feel old when I think about that!

9. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

How big is your property, that you didn't notice these sitting around?!

How bad is the rust?

10. taskforceranger506

taskforceranger506

I'm not sure of the condition of the cars seeing that I'm in IRAQ...My brother found them yesterday and told me they are in remarkble shape. One has the fenders and all have some sort of door handles and some trim that is still chromed out. I wish I had better pics. I have the one sent to me by my brother but to big to put here on the HAMB. We bought the property 10 yrs ago and never really went out on it seeing we have spent alot of time over seas.We are both in the military and the last 5 yrs have kept us busy as you can imagine. But he was injuried in Iraq and is home for some R&R. Well I see what he's been up to...MAN THIS IS KILLING ME BEING HERE. He, He, HE.:cool:

11. djmartins

djmartins

Sure is, but wasn't she fine 50 years ago?

12. Scott

Scott

The ultimate

Attached Files:

13. Low

Low

Any news on this one?

14. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Yeah, he found a cherry 32 3 window and didn't want it because it was black. If you contact him he may give you what he found. In the nean time what ever you do do not go back and read the rest of this thread. Just contact him and collect your winnings!

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Seems like a lot of B.S.All I'm looking for is an Elvis toupe

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wrapped up like a Deuce another rumor in the night. Blinded by the light.

17. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

CLASSIC!

NO ONE I have ever come in contact with knows what was said at that part of the song...when I tell them what the real lyrics are, they just look at me in the same way my dog looks at me when she farts...I've explained it 100 times... :)

18. Squablow

Squablow

Really? I always thought it was "Wrapped up like a Douche another boner in the night"

19. Ruiner

Ruiner

I thought it was Revved up like a Deuce, another rumor in the night...why would you wrap up a deuce?...or are they mailing their ex a turd?...wrapped up my own deuce and mailed it in the night...

20. After wasting like 10 minutes reading this to see it turns out to not even be a car, all I can think of to say is a bad joke...

If someone today pleasures themself to a Marlyn Monroe poster, would you call that "traditionaljism" ?

(if he's from the middle east, you'd call it terrorjism...)

I'm not sure how it relates to the thread, but better luck next time - they do exist, a guy had one here locally and sold it in about 30 seconds in June.

21. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I always thought it was something like Douche too!

Man I can't remember where I got the info, but I understand the real words to be 'set loose by a deuce(gambling), another runner in the night' OK time to wiki it. Here's what it says:

The chorus of the song features the commonly misunderstood lyric, "Blinded by the light, cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night." ("Deuce" refers to a '32 Ford Deuce Coupe.) Many listeners incorrectly hear the word "douche" in place of "deuce." Manfred Mann changed this line slightly (as "revved up like a deuce") and repeated it much more frequently in their version than Springsteen did in the original; they also omitted parts of the verses and rearranged the order of the remaining lyrics.
    Springsteen's version has been described as folky and acoustic compared to Manfred Mann's harder rock take on the song, which prominently features early electronic keyboards.
    However, Bruce Springsteen, in his 2005 VH1 Storytellers appearance, lightheartedly made the assertion that the sole reason that Manfred Mann's version of the song went to number one is that the altered lyric is actually "revved up like a douche". Bruce said, "The original lyric is 'cut loose like a deuce' referring to a two seat hot-rod, a little deuce coupe. Manfred Mann changed the lyric to 'revved up like a douche.' which is a feminine hygienic procedure."

22. JimSibley

JimSibley

thes stories are worth chasin down. heres mine form a barn not more than 2 years ago.

Attached Files:

23. krooser

krooser

great find...

24. I thought it was "revved up like a Deuce, another RUNNER in the night"