Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dubious description?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Funny - I had an enquire to some body parts I had listed months back on another site. Guy messaged me once or twice last week and asked for /price/shipping cost to this city/state (his) - I responded with - what's your zip code - and haven't heard any think back in a couple of days.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Poor b*stard. His mother was from Knockemstiff, Ohio .. his father from Ding Dong, Texas.

Parole, Maryland was ideally a short stay .. later favoring settlement in Accident, Maryland .. instead.

Chugwater, Wyoming did him no favors, really.

**UPS employment was great for geography. :)

lothiandon1940, bchctybob and wraymen like this.
  3. rusty valley

rusty valley

you boys are so silly ! :)

egads and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Coach, two door sedan, and Tudor for the Ford guys.

Speaking of names how about Come by Chance ( yeah , right) in Newfoundland. Not far from Dildo!

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like you guys are smoking weed, Weed, CA that is.:cool:

6. Ding Dong Texas does have a nice ring to it.

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Budget36

Budget36

You forgot to add, "ran when parked";)

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My wife was walking around a car show with me, listening to the conversations of men. She later told me, no matter how old men get, when they get together their humor is still on the junior high level. I had to admit she was right!

9. :D Hahaha !!

What's in a name ? Pink, Oklahoma and Hooker, Oklahoma .. .. are 600 miles away, from Popejoy .. in Iowa.

One would think it should be much closer. Amen.

10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely.

Aging is inevitable. Maturity is optional.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Algoma56 likes this.
  11. oldolds

oldolds

You guys do know that Pennsylvania has Intercourse, Blue Ball, Bird-in-Hand, Big Beaver, Virginville.

lothiandon1940, LAROKE and Algoma56 like this.
  12. I bought a shoofly pie in Intercourse, Pa once. Does that have any significance to anything?

13. Growing old/aging is not mandatory nor inevitable. The poor woman from Fertile you mentioned is proof of that.
    She would have been long forgotten if not for the Jr. High sense of humor from the news paper columnist. :) ;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  14. You have to go through Due West & Bucklick before you get to Sugar Tit and Climax, South Carolina. HRP

15. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Two pages and not a single mention of Toad Suck, AR.

nochop and arkiehotrods like this.
  16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

These threads on “maybe a SCAMMER”, though sometimes very useful, are more often the unjustified suspicions that seem to scare the bejesus out of the posters. Even if they are scammers, none of these people can cheat you out of a thin dime without your cooperation. Bunch of ‘skairdy cats’......:D

Ray

j3harleys and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. ...I never intended it to be a thread about scammers. I was just curious why a "car guy" would list a Sedan as a Coupe. Just seemed a bit strange. Sounds like one of those things some of the consignment dealers do. I guess that could be misconstrued as a "suspicious" post. He must have seen this thread 'cause he re-did his ad.:)......Don.

X38, Nostrebor and Hnstray like this.
  18. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I own a 2 Door Sedan, and have been in more than one "spirited" debate with what should have been a knowledgeable car guy about the fact that it is not a Coupe simply because it has 2 doors. It seems quite common.

lothiandon1940 and arkiehotrods like this.
  19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The guy must of read this thread. He now calls it a 2 door fast back ? It is a slant back. Lets see if he changes it.

Hnstray, lothiandon1940 and Nostrebor like this.
  20. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm always hoping to find some twit who misidentifies a 40 Willys coupe as a 40 Ford coupe and prices it accordingly. I learn him quickly how to tell the difference after I scoop it up! And there seems to be no shortage of folks who can't tell a Coupe from a Roadster including the DMV guy who inspected my Broookville roadster and labeled it as a 1931 Ford Coupe? Had to learn him as well!

21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I lived literally 3 miles from Toad Suck for 23 years!

Nostrebor and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I have too many times been "informed" that my '56 Nomad is not a real Nomad because it says "Bel-Air" right there on the quarter panel.

23. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Been there, I think I saw a lot of school busses.....don’t ask why I added that, I don’t even know

Nostrebor likes this.
  24. In Amish country, the Half Moon Pie is a popular local food.
    Remember when ''mooning'' people was a thing? lol