Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Dual Stromberg 97’s sticking

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftiescat, Sep 5, 2019.

1. fiftiescat

fiftiescat
    from NY

Yesterday I swapped the manifold out on my ‘46 coupe and installed a high rise Eddie Meyer intake and 2 vintage 97’s that I restored. It fired up first shot and ran perfect, did a little adjustment with the idle and mixture screws along with the Unisyn and I was pleased how well it ran.

Next order of business was modifying the throttle rod and or bellcrank for optimal geometry... and I noticed that the engine was racing.. I snapped the throttle a few times and it was really up there, like 2000-2500 at idle, I manually moved the throttle back and it returned to 650-700 or whatever I had it set at. The weird thing is with the engine off, the throttle is smooth as silk and returns perfectly. When it’s running it will not return properly.

Prior to installing the dual carbs I ran each 97 individually to verify proper function, both ran mint.

A little stumped on this one guys!

I also came across another tech article on the HAMB in which someone had the same problem, but no remedy. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.