Register now to get rid of these ads!

dual quads/fuel pressure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fred56, Jul 26, 2013.

1. fred56

fred56

I have a SBC 283 with dual quads(Edelbrock 1406's). I know that normally with one Edelbrock the car likes no more than 4.5 lbs fuel pressure. Does this hold true with 2 carbs?

2. TERPU

TERPU

I run 6lbs on my AFB's. This will depend on your driving habits and the engines needs. Get an adjustable regulator. Or if you are running a SBC or Chrysler get a factory dual quad pump for your engine and it should work out just fine for a regular street application.

Tim

3. The pressure will stay the same but you need to make sure you pump has enough volume to maintain the pressure .

4. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

7 on Q-Jets

Attached Files:

5. Just like The moose said.The pressure should be the same,but you'll want more volume,[big fuel line]Put the regulator as close to the carbs as possible

6. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

I have had good results running 4psi with dual Edelbrock 600 cfm carbs on top of my 6-71 blower. Before I had flooding issues with a stock fuel pump after shutdown, installed a fuel regulator near the carbs and that fixed the problem, no more flooding and hard re-starts.

7. midroad

midroad

I run a pair of 500 Edelbrocks with a Holley red pump and pressure regulator set to 4 lb on my 29 Chevy with a 350.
    Never had a problem.

8. fred56

fred56

Thanks for the Information, It was just what I was looking for.

Jerry