Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dual Holley 1904 help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carnegie03, Feb 18, 2008.

1. carnegie03

carnegie03
    from Berwyn, PA

All,

I have run out of options on the oldihc.org site for assistance with a dual Holley 1904 (w/ glass float bowls) for my '53 R-132 international pickup truck. Hoping people here can help. A couple questions:
    1. I have rebuilt carbs, but not extended throttle shafts to go with an eelco linkage. Is there a good source for new longer shafts, or will I have to improvise?
    2. The carbs both have little platic 'cams'- honestly I can't remember if they attach to the choke or throttle, but they are both yellowed and brittle- I remember a post somewhere here that someone was casting new ones out of aluminum. Dumb me I didn't bookmark it. Anyone know the link?

For now the plan is to run the ellis manifold with the dual 1904's and probably 'edmunds' oil bath air cleaners- I happen to like the unpolished ones from the vern tardel site. Any thoughts?
    Eventually, I'm planning to run my truck with a vintage mcculloch vs-57 supercharger I own -I'm not quite sure yet what it would take to do that. Should be a surprise though when the hood is up...

cheers,

bearinthewoods
    '53 IHC r-132

Attached Files:

2. carnegie03

carnegie03
    from Berwyn, PA

All,
    I did end up finding the link for Holley 1904's -I kept searching for the wrong thing- Rod's Carb Repair in Arizona 602-272-4992 makes new aluminum 'actuators' to replace the sad little plastic ones that get all discolored and brittle. I ordered 3 @$12 each for my existing carb on the truck and the two on the new intake.
    Rod actually picked up the phone himself. Can't beat that.

cheers,

bearinthewoods
    '53 IHC r-132

3. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I might help ya some here as i just finished some linkage on a simular set up. I think you will find the elco linkage wont work very well and the 1904s need to go up and down , not front to rear etc. We came out to the side and put in a crosshaft with arms to go up and down and it works really good. Just a suggestion..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will use a cable at the very rear of the valve cover to actuate the control rod. Hope this helps......

4. carnegie03

carnegie03
    from Berwyn, PA

Thanks for the great picks. I think I will try it your way. Do you have a good source for the hardware you are using?

cheers,

bearinthewoods
    '53 IHC r-132

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

i don't think there is a prettier(yeah, i said prettier!)carb than a glass-bowl holley, or even better, a whole bunch of glass bowl holleys!