Register now to get rid of these ads!

dual chamber master for a 54 chev

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badpat, Mar 24, 2004.

1. badpat

badpat

can somebody suggest what dual chamber master will fit in well in a 54 chev-

2. CruZer

CruZer

A late '60's early '70's Mustang unit will work.Just make sure you get one for the brake combo that you're running.This has been covered a lot on here so do a search and you'll get lots of good advice.

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

you can have your stock master "converted" to a dual chamber. I had that done for my 48. I sent it to the fillingstation.com and they had a modern MC grafted to it and extended the rod. This way I get a dual system and retain the stock pedal location and it all stays tucked away under the floor. I believe Buffalo Enterprises does the conversion for the Filling Station

4. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

67 was the first year for the mustang drum/drum dual master cyl. The best part is they are cheap at the local parts places. They bolt up just like the older mustang fruit jar everyone used to use. That means all the street rod parts will work with it. (TCI) etc.

5. Rocket88

Rocket88

That's who makes them!
    This question came up a while ago and I couldn't remeber where I'd seen them.
    Hey BP, I've got a Buffalo catalogue at home.
    He's just down in Arlington.
    I think that kit is like $100 bux.

6. badpat

badpat

thanks- i looked at th kit on filling stations web page- send em yer old master, tell em what brakes you are using, and they send you a converted one with dual master $170

7. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

You can get the ECI bracket and a new master cylinder for less money than having your stock converted to dual chamber.

I used the ECI bracket and it fits and works perfectly. It uses the stock pedal and pedal pad. It all looks stock from inside the car.You bolt on a run of the mill late 60s Mustang master cylinder.

8. old beet

old beet

Badpat, I use that 67 Tang on my F-1, Made an adapter out of half inch alum...........OLDBEET

9. badpat

badpat

thanks fer the info folks, should be reasonably simple to make