Register now to get rid of these ads!

dual carb fuel pressure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cooljerk, Nov 3, 2006.

1. cooljerk

cooljerk

i'm setting up dual 94s on my 50 flathead and i've got a fuel pressure question. i've got an electric fuel pump already on the car. to regulate the pressure do i run one regulator between the pump and the fuel block or do i need 2 regulators to run between the fuel block and each carb? thanks in advance...

2. 47bob

47bob

1 1/2 to 2 psi to the fuel block will do.

3. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

47 BOB is exactly right, any more pressure than that and they will leak and have issues!

4. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup, 2.5lbs to the fuel block feeding two 97's on a flathead. No leaking issues at all.

5. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I wonder if you could use a resistor to step it down a little? The reg. should do fine.

6. cooljerk

cooljerk

thanks guys...so that means just the one regulator between pump and fuel block then.
    kinda makes me wonder how the previous owner had this thing plumbed...

7. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

I was just installing a simular set up. I installed the Holley "Red" fuel pump In back near the tank. It's output is rated at 7lbs. It feeds into a Holley fuel pressure regulater installed on the firewall. The regulater has two outlets. On one side I put one of thoes little liquid filled 15 lb fuel gauges. Installed a tee in the line from the other outlet to feed the duel carbs. when I set the pressure to 2lbs at idle. It would drop to less than 1 at about 3000 rpm. Set the pressure to about 1.5 at 3000 and it runs about 3lbs at Idle. I also installed Grose Jet float valves in the carbs. The fuel pump is noisy.. Almost annoyingly... But the exhaust is loud enough to cover it. What fuel pump did you use?