Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drum Brake Shoe Arcing in Rochester, NY???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocket hot rod, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Is there anyone in the Rochester, NY (or surrounding area) that can properly arc drum brake shoes to the drums?

I am running the old manual adjust brakes on the front of my deuce and would like to optimize braking power. The shoes and drums only have about 1000 miles on them.

Thanks for your help and take care.

2. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Rochester clutch and brake. Ask for sam. usually not open fri-sunday

3. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

4. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

5. Does anybody know of a brake service on Long Island that performs this service - or possibly a company that I can send my 8" 1947 Harley brake shoes to for grinding. I have the correct drum readings. Thanks...

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might want to start a new thread, since Rochester is 300 miles or so from NYC & Long Island......other end of the world and the guys from your area probably won't be reading this thread.

7. butch27

butch27

Someone mentioned gluing 80 grit sand paper to the drum and jacking up the car and running it to arc the shoes.???

8. Good Idea Tag Man... Will do.