Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drug home another early ford project pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wideglide74, Feb 3, 2004.

1. My Father and I went on a bit of a snowy adventure yesterday into the wilds of Vancouver Island to pu this 34 phaeton project. After some last minute negotiations I was the proud owner of this pile. It is rough but very repairable, has a nice gennie frame, great dash, nice cowl, good fuel tank, ford 8in rear and I also got an extra set of bobbed 34 rails, centre X mem and front and rear X mems, Also picked up the rear 3/4 of the A frame that came with the roadster in the background. We also brought home a complete running 239? Y block and AT from a friend of my fathers, its slated to replace the sbc in a friend of my Fathers A bone. I am now calling it quits as far as dragging this shit home, the rafters and attic are full and it's time to get one on the road... The phaeton is for sale if anyone is looking for a project? Will put it in the classifieds once I dry it out and clean it up...

Attached Files:

2. The overgrown road into the treasure. Dude lives in a cabin in the woods with no phone, power, water etc (really).

Attached Files:

3. The haul.

Attached Files:

4. again...

Attached Files:

5. the pile...

Attached Files:

6. the frame...

Attached Files:

7. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

You left the roadster?????
    It woulda fit in the tub body! [​IMG]

8. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Lucky dawg! [​IMG]

9. hatch

hatch
    from house

I didn't know that ford made a two door phaeton....here's one a friend of mine built from a two door sedan.

Attached Files:

10. I would have taken the roadster too! I didn't know there was that kind of stuff still left around here!

11. Nice score, never seen anything like it, is it a real phaeton? Always thought they had 4 doors and roadster-like winshield stanchions?

12. scarylarry

scarylarry

I want that roadster damn it!

13. The roadster is already stored up in the attic. It was the first one I picked out of there, rough but repairable just like everything in the yard. The phaeton was a tudor but apparently sat upside down for many years so the top was twisted up and rusty.

Attached Files:

14. I'm lookin for a 33/34 dash if you got an extra
    Clark

15. hatch

hatch
    from house

One more...homebuilt...bitchin!!!

Attached Files:

16. Jason, Way cool! I thought for sure you had dug up a very rare Phaeton. Still a nice looking car.

17. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

hatch,was that ride at the hot rod reunion in KY this past year? i remember seeing it if its the same one,very nice

18. wonder

wonder

tell us how much your looking to get for it, it looks like it might be rusty enough for me to afford

19. JamesG

JamesG

Very nice score! [​IMG]

20. hatch

hatch
    from house

Yes..the orange car was at the reunion. Chris is good friend and a great fabricator.