Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drug a '52 F1 outta the weeds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46stude, Feb 5, 2012.

1. 46stude

46stude

Think this truck is gonna be affectionately known as "May Cause Tetanus". :D

Attached Files:

2. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Looks like an awesome start!

3. 46stude

46stude

First thing I did was get a set of shoes that held air & swap out the junk that was on it. Next step will be to pour a little lubricant down the cylibers & see if the flattie will turn.

I have no idea what I'll do with this thing, but I couldn't stand seeing it wasting away where it was at.

Attached Files:

4. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Wow is that glass clear!!!
    Looks like a great foundation.Good save.

5. onedge

onedge

Always liked that style. Good luck with it.

6. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

F-1's are great old trucks. You'll be happy with it.

7. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I'm glad to hear you saved her!!!

8. Nice find. I also am working on a 51 f1. I found her in an old shed and been sitting for more than 40 years. I will try to post up some pics later.

9. Good find. Amazing how much better it looks just getting it up on tires that are holding air.

10. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Trucks rust in Texas? And here I thought you fellas were not getting any rain.:D Neat looking project and I would guess that if you don't want it there is someone, somewhere just hankering for a F1.

11. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

NICE RIDE! Those are (hands down!) my favourite style of old truck. I missed out on one last year, but then again I already have too many projects. Very nice.

Question... "Drug" as the past tense of "Drag"? I find the differences in dialects very interesting. I see that on here (and only here) so is it a southern thing or a hot rod thing?
    Up here, you would say "Drug" to mean stuff the doctor (or pusher) gives you, as opposed to "Dragged", meaning what you did to make me so jealous of your truck.

12. Nice truck. I thought I had them all. :)

13. 46stude

46stude

I live on the Gulf Coast- the salt air gets 'em whether its raining or not! ;)

That's it- drug has dual meanings down here I guess. Sounds funny to me when I think about saying "I dragged an F1 out of the weeds". First thing that comes to mind is drag-racing a truck in the brush... :confused:

This evening I got all the plugs pulled out with no problems. Poured some Marvel down the holes & threaded the plugs back in by hand. Its been converted to 12V, but I think the solenoid is bad because when I tried jumping the solenoid it just clicked. I'll mess with it more later.

And yeah, I agree- just getting it up on decent tires made a big difference in its appearance!

14. 46stude

46stude

Saw there was a social group here on the HAMB for this truck style, but its new. If you're reading this & have a '48-'52 F series, ya might wanna check it out. Always nice to have a place for specific vehicle discussions!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=750

15. welcome to the world of F1's

looks like yours has a good ol' Texas sunburn

16. Cool truck! just remember F-2'S have different fenders,running boards and box is not as wide. they sure look close but are not, ask me how i know. Wasn't one of fords better ideas!

17. birdman42

birdman42

Can you say Sanford and son.I love it