Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drove the wag for the first time yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by countrysedanman, Aug 18, 2008.

1. I finished the wiring and finally drove the wagon yesterday. It was the first time being on the road since my grandpa parked it back it 1967. I know it still looks like hell, and I need to align the front end after work some night this week, but it cruises pretty well. I forgot the vac line to the trans on the first drive, so that sucked. but all in all, it was a good first drive, made it back home ok, and got some weird looks from the people of small town iowa. Now maybe I will stay more motivated since I can cruise it and actually getting looking decent this winter.

Brad

Attached Files:

2. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

"Decent?" Looks cool to me! Congrats..........:cool:

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

Love it. But it is a wagon so it has to be cool.

4. I need to address the wheels, paint the rockers and maybe install some patch panels. I also need to put the interior metal trim back in after i replace the windshield gasket and also some glass. On a small budget though, so may take awhile. Wishin I had some coin to get chrome steel wheels for the old girl, i think that would be cool.

Brad

5. Maybe some of them recognized it and were thinking "It seems like I haven't seen that car in oohhh, about 40 years".

6. wild32hotrod

wild32hotrod

looks cool, yours looks better then mine, I've been working on my wagon for a while I finally drove it down the driveway this weekend the the first time too.
    worked on the wiring tonite. good luck on your wagon

Attached Files:

7. I think yours looks sweet, Im diggin the whitewalls and visor. Nice stance too. Wagons are pretty sweet, but is it cool to call them a "hot rod"? I think so but what do I know?

8. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I like your Hot Rod Ford and that Hot Rod Chevy but I'm a wagon freak!
    Cool Stuff!

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Is your grandpa still alive?

Frank

10. 27T

27T

looks good, I think I talked to you at the jesup cruise a few years ago?? I had the green 54 chevy

11. Frank

Frank

I can see something really cool. Leave it black suede and highlight all the body lines with that blue shade like is peeking through on that fender.

12. pretty sweet dude!

13. Mark T

Mark T

How did the new brake system work for you?

14. Zerk

Zerk

Wondering how the roof and the fenders above the spear would look in a lighter color, like Desert Tan, or a bright candy (blue?). That is a cool wagon, good luck with it!

15. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Cool, I love wagons!

16. thats great man! congrats on the first cruise ..

17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Drop it, slap some wheels on it, ENJOY it!!

That's what I would do. ;)

[​IMG]

"What's wrong with rusty old cars?"

-Mater

18. nice longroof...

19. Congrats. Cool Car. Family pass me downs are the best.

20. Yep he is, cant wait to toss him the keys and let him take it for a spin. Saw my grandma today when I was in the wag, thought she was gonna roll her minivan waving at me. It was pretty neat.

Yep, I did talk to you a couple years ago at jesup, I still love your 54. Gonna try to make it to the cedar falls cruise next saturday and maybe the harleys and hotrods this weekend with the wag, but I need to button a few things up first. Im also the guy on cvmusclecars with the black jeep in the snow, did you sell yours?

Brad